Animal Habitat Books for Preschoolers
Looking for some books for your animal habitat theme? Here are the best books for your toddler or preschooler!
I was surprised at the lack of resources for a good animal habitat theme for preschoolers while putting our unit together. There are a handful of really cute activity ideas, and a few books that popped up during my search. But, all in all, there wasn’t much to pick from in terms of “must-haves” for an animal habitat theme.
This list may not be extensive, but the books were handpicked with love. My favorite is featured in the pin: Welcome Home, Bear.
Some links found on this site may be affiliate links, and as an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support! See sidebar for more information, or visit my Policies & Disclosures page.
WHILE YOU’RE PLANNING YOUR ANIMAL HABITATS THEME:
- Check out my Animal Habitats Unit here. (Use code HABITAT25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!
- Here are 25 Animal Activities for your Preschooler’s Habitat theme!
- Here are 25 Animal Habitat Crafts for your Preschooler
- Here’s a list of 16 Fun & Delicious Animal-Themed Snacks for your Kids
Animal Habitat Activities & Crafts We’ve Done at the Moore Homestead:
- How to Make a Paper Bag Nest
- Make a Bear Cave Craft
- How to Make a Rainforest Terrarium with Kids
- Toilet Paper Roll Bird Feeders
- Animal Habitat Invitation to Play
- Paper Plate Lion Craft
- Owl Paper Bag Puppet Craft for Kids
- Desert Sensory Bin
- Arctic Sensory Bin
- Forest Sensory Bin
- Ocean Sensory Bin
Animal Habitat Facts for your Preschooler:
You can check out my tagged photos on Instagram to see other families following my unit studies, including my fabulous Animal Habitats unit!
For tips on planning your homeschool preschool year, including curriculum recommendations, check out this article.
Join the Homeschooling Preschoolers Facebook Page! There are free resources available, and it’s the perfect way to connect with other families!