Best Bread Machines 2022
Looking for the right bread maker for your kitchen? These are the best bread machines of 2022!
With so many bread machines on the market, it can be hard to pick which one you should add to your collection of kitchen appliances. In this article, I’ll go over the top choices, compare prices, and share the bread machine that I own and love.
Those that follow me on Instagram know that I’m an avid bread baker. I’ve tried it all! Sourdough, easy no-knead bread recipes, crusty bread, Japenese milk-bread rolls, I could go on.
Truthfully, there are times where a bread maker just isn’t the experience I’m looking for. Bread making is an art form, a craft!
Some days I really want to hand-knead my dough, taking care of it all day while it proofs. Other times, I want a quick loaf to go along with our dinner. A bread maker is super handy in those situations! Not to mention, it opens up a world of new recipes to try! It might not be as hands-on as baking without a machine, but there’s a time and place for both.
Many people use the bread machine for mixing and proofing, and then remove the dough from the pan to bake in the oven. This is a common thing you’ll see in bread maker recipes and posts on Facebook in bread machine groups. It’s super helpful on busy days, or days where your house is a little on the chilly side.
Some links found on this site may be affiliate links, and as an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support! See sidebar for more information, or visit my Policies & Disclosures page.
Should you buy a bread machine?
Here are some questions to ask yourself before investing in a bread maker:
1. Will you use it?
I know, it’s a silly thing to include. If you’re reading this list, you’re likely already sure that you’re going to use it. But, seriously! Think about it. How often are you eating bread?
What is your reason for buying a bread maker? Are you trying to save money by making your own sandwich bread every week?
Are you a bread-eating machine? Do you enjoy trying new recipes?
Really, take the time to think about why you want one, and if you’ll ever even use it. I would say it’s a nice appliance to have, even if you only use it a few times a year. This brings me to my next point.
2. How often are you planning on using a bread machine?
If you plan on using your bread maker several times a week, you definitely want to invest in a nice machine, or it will likely break down after just a few months. This isn’t always true, but it’s something to consider.
3. How big is your family?
There are few bread machines that bake large loaves, but they do exist. You can find all kinds of bread machines that make small and medium-sized loaves. Make sure you pick one that will suit your needs.
Things to know about bread makers before buying one
They can change the way you proof your bread. Of course, you can always just buy a proofer, but some people don’t need all of the capabilities of a proofer.
Bread machines are an awesome appliance for those who are gluten-sensitive, or even just looking to eat healthier types of bread. Gluten-free bread from the store can be pretty pricy, and a bread maker will certainly cut down costs for you.
How to choose a bread maker
Here are some things to look for before choosing which bread machine will work for you and your specific needs and preferences.
1. Loaf pan shape
2. Delayed start
3. Kneading paddles
4. Crust settings
5. Loaf capacity
6. Gluten-free settings
7. Machine size
8. Settings and recipe options
Loaf Pan Shape
Different models make different loaves. If you’re picky about the presentation of your bread, you might take this seriously. I’ll be honest, all bread machine bread typically looks a little lackluster compared to most oven-baked loaves.
If you’re expecting your loaves to come out looking exactly like storebought bread, you might be in for a little disappointment. It takes a lot of practice to perfect a regular white bread loaf. But, bread machine loaves are certainly tasty!
Who doesn’t want to wake up to a fresh loaf of bread? In some bread maker models, you can add the ingredients to the loaf pan and set it to begin hours later.
If this is something you’re interested in, make sure the maker you choose has this setting. This can be nice for those that work away from home, or generally just have a busy lifestyle that keeps them in and out of the kitchen most days.
Some bread machines have two kneading paddles, and others only have one. This usually depends on the size of the machine, but there are instances where one paddle is just not enough. One paddle, low-quality bread makers can leave your dough unmixed in some areas, which is not good at all.
Many bread makers have the option to adjust the crust of your loaf. Generally there are 3 settings: light, medium, and dark. I’ve personally found that it doesn’t make a huge difference in the outcome, but it’s nice to have the option to slightly change the crust of each individual loaf.
If you’re looking to bake large loaves, of course you’ll want to buy a bread machine with a bigger loaf capacity. Look to see if you can bake 1, 2, or 3 pound loaves.
Not every bread maker has a gluten-free setting, so if you need this capability, don’t forget to check!
How much room do you have on your counter? Some machines are tall and large, and others are short and small. If you’re limited on space, or have cabinets that are low to the countertops, you might want a machine that’s on the shorter side.
Settings and Recipe Options
Some bread makers have really neat settings, from pizza dough, to jam! Yes, that’s right! You can make jam in some models.
Best Bread Machines of 2022- Quick Rundown
Scroll down to see the full list of top bread machines currently available.
The bread machine I own and love: Cuisinart CBK-200 (This is the newer model)
The bread machine I want to upgrade to: Zojirushi Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus
The best budget-friendly bread maker: Hamilton Beach Bread Maker
The best mid-tier bread machine: Pohl Schmitt Stainless Steel Bread Machine
The biggest bread machine: KIKET Smart 3.5 LB Bread Machine
The best small bread machine: Cuisinart Bread Maker New Compact Automatic
A notable mention: Breville BBM800XL Custom Loaf Bread Maker (If I didn’t have my sights set on the Zojirushi brand, this would be my top pick)
Top Bread Machines – The Complete List
1. Zojirushi Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker
Zojirushi is a great brand of bread machines, and this particular model is the Cadillac of breadmakers.
|Color||Stainless Steel / Black|
|Product Dimensions||10.5 x 18 x 12.88 inches; 24 Pounds|
About this item
- Various healthy course settings include Multigrain, Whole Wheat, Rapid Whole Wheat, Gluten Free, Salt Free, Sugar Free and Vegan
- Double Kneading Blades thoroughly knead dough for superior results; Dual heaters on the bottom and lid of the bread maker promote even baking and browning
- Rapid courses allow you to bake a loaf of white or whole wheat bread in just 2 hours and 25 minutes
- Large, easy-to-read LCD display with convenient key code on lid simplifies course selection; RAPID SETTING: Use Rapid setting to have your loaf ready to eat in under two and a half hours
- Electrical Rating 120 volts / 700 watts.Cord Length:39 inch
2. Oster Expressbake Breadmaker
The Oster Expressbake Breadmaker is a popular choice! You’ll frequently see it in bread machine Facebook groups. Oster is a reliable brand, and these breadmakers have been around for a while.
|Product Dimensions||12 x 11 x 11 inches; 8 Pounds|
About this item
- 650 watts oster bread maker with upto a 2.0 pound loaf capacity is ideal for larger families
- 12 bread settings and 3 crust settings for making a variety of breads, dough, and jams
- Expressbake setting bakes bread in under an hour
- 13 hour programmable baking timer for fresh bread anytime
- Large LCD display and intuitive button controls for easy operation, 40 inch cord length
3. Hamilton Beach Bread Maker Machine
The Hamilton Beach Bread Maker is a budget-friendly, reliable option.
|Product Dimensions||10.43 x 14.13 x 12.2 inches; 11.9 Pounds|
About this item
- FRESH HOMEMADE BREAD IN 3 EASY STEPS: Just add your ingredients to the breadmaker, select the cycle and press start.
- YOU CONTROL THE INGREDIENTS & NUTRITIONAL CONTENT: Prepare healthy loaves of bread without preservatives or trans fat using this Hamilton Beach breadmaker.
- VERSATILE WITH 12 CYCLES: Make dough, bake cake, or make delicious mouth-watering loaves of fresh baked bread. Cycles include basic, French, gluten-free, quick bread (no yeast), sweet, 1.5 lb express, 2.0 lb express, dough, jam, cake, whole grain and bake.
- GREAT FOR DOUGH PREP: Prepare a variety of yeast doughs in the breadmaker machine for dinner rolls, pizza crusts, cinnamon buns and more, then bake in a conventional oven.
- MAKE BREAD THE WAY YOU LIKE IT: Choose to make either 1.5 lb. or 2 lb. loaves, and select from 3 crust settings for light, medium or dark crust.
4. Pohl Schmitt Stainless Steel Bread Machine Bread Maker
The Pohl Schmitt stainless steel bread maker is highly rated! Just look at the Amazon reviews.
|Package Dimensions||15.1 x 13.2 x 11.2 inches; 11.9 Pounds|
|Material||Fully Stainless Steel, Ceramic Non-stick Pan (16 Menu; 15 Hours Delay Time; 15-Minute Power Interruption Recovery; 3 Loaf Size & Different Flavors; Low Noise DC Motor Design; Up to 1 Hour Thermostat) See more|
About this item
- 14 Settings For Perfect Bread Every Time – From now on you can make Whole Grain Bread, French bread, Quick Bread (no yeast), Dough, Cake and a wide variety of homemade bread to customize your bread just the way you like it.
- Digital Display With Delay Timer – Use delay timer to add ingredients and choose the cycle, crust, and loaf size, perfect for breakfast and entertaining. Baking has never been easier and more fun.
- Non-stick Pan – Removable interior pan for easy cleaning. Pohl + Schmitt Bread Maker also comes with one kneading paddle.
- Quick & Easy- The bread maker will “beep” to remind you to add final ingredients during the working cycle such as fruit, nuts or any additional cereals as you like. The handy viewing window allows the baking process to be observed at all times.
- The Best Quality With Pohl + Schmitt – We are here to offer you only the best quality products designed to make your life more easier and fun. If you need any help, please feel free to contact us, our professional customer support is always here for you!
5. Cuisinart CBK-200 Convection Bread Maker
This is the bread machine I own and love. The one pictured above is actually the newest model available. I have an older version, but it hasn’t let me down yet! The only times I’ve ever run into trouble, it’s been due to the recipe, and not the machine itself.
|Product Dimensions||19 x 16 x 13 inches; 16 Pounds|
About this item
- 16 preprogrammed menu options, 3 crust colors, and 3 loaf sizes offer over 100 bread, dough/pizza dough, sweet cake and jam choices.
- Low Carb and Gluten-Free preset menu options and recipes. A Cuisinart exclusive!
- Special menu option takes basic dough through several long, slow cool rises for chewier textures and rustic crusts.
- Unique convection feature circulates air for superior crust color, and texture. BPA Free
- Audible tone indicates time to add fruit, nuts and other “mix-ins.” Second tone offers option of removing paddle before baking, or removing unbaked dough to shape by hand.
- Additional Options: 15-minute Pause, Bake-Only option, 12-Hour-Delay Start, Timer and Power Failure Backup
- Limited 3-year warranty, 680 watts
6. Cuisinart Bread Maker, Up To 2lb Loaf, New Compact Automatic
This is a compact version of the Cuisinart bread maker, and it’s perfect for small families or those limited on space!
|Color||New Compact Automatic|
|Product Dimensions||10.25 x 13.25 x 11.25 inches; 10.8 Pounds|
About this item
- Cuisinart-quality technology promises superior crust, color and texture
- 12 preprogrammed menu options – fully automatic, easy to use
- 3 crust shades – light, medium, or dark & bakes up to a 2 pound loaf
- Vertical baking pan for counter-friendly compact design – removable kneading paddle and bread pan
- Lid with viewing window to monitor the process – interior light to check bread as it bakes
- 13-Hour delay start – fresh bread, anytime!
7. Zojirushi BB-HAC10 Home Bakery 1-Pound-Loaf Programmable Mini Breadmaker
The Zojirushi Mini may not look as impressive as the bigger versions, but it’s highly rated. This is another great compact option.
|Product Dimensions||11 x 8 x 12 inches; 14.7 Pounds|
About this item
- Programmable breadmaker produces 1 pound loaves of cakes or breads
- Settings for cookie/pasta dough and fresh fruit jams; quick-bake cycle
- 13-hour delay timer; LCD control panel; viewing window; carrying handle
- Nonstick kneading blade and baking pan; instructions and recipes included. Electrical Rating- 120 volts / 450 watts
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 8-1/2 x 11-1/4 x 12-1/4 inches ,1-year warranty; cULus listed
8. SAKI 3.3 LB Large Bread Maker Machine
The SAKI bread machine is one of the largest on the market! It’s great for large families, or those that eat a lot of bread.
|Product Dimensions||18 x 12 x 11 inches; 3.3 Pounds|
About this item
- 🥖 3.3 LB LARGE CAPACITY – SAKI Bread Maker has 3 bread size settings 2.2 LB, 2.7 LB, and 3.3 LB which makes the largest bread maker among the competitors. Also, SAKI Bread Maker has 3 crust options (LIGHT / MEDIUM / DARK). The display will show the total time according to the selected functions. Designed for professional homemade quality!
- 🥖 INTELLIGENT 15H DELAY START – Add joy to your mornings with SAKI Bread Machine. With an intelligent delay option, you can prepare the ingredients before sleep then hit the delayed timer to start your morning with fresh hot and crusty bread. The bread maker can be delayed up to 15 hours. Your bread is always there for you.
- 🥖 AUTOMATIC KEEP WARM TECHNOLOGY- Stop worrying about freshness loss of your newly baked bread. When the selected program ends SAKI Bread Maker beeps 10 times to prompting that the program is completed. Then keep warm function gets activated until you remove your bread from the pan. Always fresh as promised!
- 🥖 12 PROGRAMMED MENU WITH POWER – No more going through cooking books for bread recipes. With SAKI Bread Maker we picked the most used 12 programs to fulfill our customer needs. Basic Bread, Quick Bread, Sweet Bread, Whole Wheat Bread, Gluten-Free Bread, Dough, Knead, Cake, Jam, Yogurt, Bake, Home-made. More program does not mean better bread but more power means better bread. Our bread maker has 850W motor power to create the difference compared to other bread makers in the market.
- 🥖 2 YEARS REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE – We pride ourselves on being buyer-friendly, which is why a 100% Replacement Guarantee covers each bread maker. Contact us for any concerns or issues.
9. Curtis Stone 2lb. Bread Maker Model 676-748
The Curtis Stone bread machine is loved by bread makers everywhere and is regarded as a great option for those who are new to baking. It’s easy to use and simple! In fact, this is an older model that has been renewed because it was such a hit!
|Product Dimensions||9.25 x 13.75 x 12 inches; 8 Pounds|
About this item
- Factory Refurbished
- LCD Display; Fruit and nut LCD and audible indicators
- Adjustable settings; 19 Preset programs with recipes
- Removable non-stick baking pan
- Comes with 1-Year Refurbished Warranty
10. Zojirushi Home Bakery Maestro Breadmaker
The Zojirushi Maestro is a highly competitve model. Not only does it have all the bells and whistles you would expect a top-of-the-line bread machine to have, it even has extra settings for pasta dough, james, and even cakes. However, it is also a compact model.
|Product Dimensions||13.63 x 8.88 x 12.5 inches; 16 Pounds|
About this item
- Automatic 1-pound bread maker
- Auto add dispenser automatically dispenses nuts and other ingredients; removable and washable
- Various healthy course settings include: Multigrain, whole wheat, quick whole wheat, gluten free, salt free, sugar free, and vegan
- Versatile course settings include: bread and pizza dough, pasta dough, cake and jam
- 3 homemade memory settings allow the user to customize the Knead, rise, and bake times
- Recipe book in full color with 50 delicious recipes included
11. Neretva Bread Machine
The Neretva isn’t well-known, but is a solid option. It has a 15-hour delayed start timer, 3 crust colors, 2 loaf sizes, and 20 program menus.
|Product Dimensions||11.02 x 7.87 x 9.25 inches; 11.9 Pounds|
About this item
- AMAZING KITCHEN ENTHUSIAST LOVED BY OVER 5 MILLION PLUS. The bread machine features 20 preprogrammed options, including Quick Bread,Gluten-Free, French Whole Wheat,Sweet Bread, Dough, Cake, yogurt,jam,ect. With this bread maker, you can choose between 1.5- and 2-pound loaves, as well as 3 crust shades (light, medium, dark), so you can make a variety of breads. It is perfect for the entire family, office, coffee shops,ect.
- A FLAWLESS BREAD BE MADE AT THE TOUCH OF A BUTTON. This breadmaker with unique knob design that that automatically adjusts the kneading, rising, and baking times to perfectly bake a variety of breads. The bright LCD display is easy to program and tells you what time your bread will be done. Also, the bread machine comes with a viewing window that help you to check to see how your loaf is rising and baking. It boasts a useful pause feature so you can make adjustments as needed during the process.
- ENJOY FRESH-FROM-THE-OVEN LOAVES WITHOUT PLANNING IN ADVANCE. Our Gluten free bread maker machine features 15-hour delay start timer means you can set your programmable bread machine at the end of your busy day and wake up to freshly baked bread for your breakfast. It also comes with a 1-hour automatic keep-warm function. You can always have your bread when fresh and warm. And there is a 15-minute memory in the event of a temporary power cut.
- HOMEMADE BREAD IS HEALTHIER THAN YOU CAN BUY IN A BAKERY. Stainless steel bread machine maker with removable nonstick pan and kneading paddle that cleans up easily. It boasts a super quiet AC motor and dual heating tubes for maximum efficiency. You only need to add ingredients—flour, yeast, water,salt and egg to be rewarded with crusty-edged, fluffy-centered loaves that avoid additives and preservatives.
- SAFETY & LONG SERVICE LIFE. Sleek and space-saving design bread maker comes with a measuring cup, measuring spoon, hook, and kneading blade. The bread machine is a surprise gift which is suitable for consumers of all ages easpecially for elders, adults or ktichen enthusiasm. User manual included, 1 YEARS Warranty & Quick Customer Service Response within 24 hours. Enjoy Your Shopping!
12. Breadman 2 lb Professional Bread Maker
The Breadman is comparable to the Cuisinart brand that I own, and makes for a great mid-tier option for intermediate bread bakers.
|Product Dimensions||16.57 x 11.97 x 15.59 inches; 17.2 Pounds|
About this item
- Collapsible Kneading Paddle – The smartly designed kneading paddle collapses before baking to prevent holes in the bottom of loaves
- Perfect Bake Technology – Engineered to bake evenly for a uniform crust color, consistent texture, and excellent flavor
- Measuring Cup and Spoon Included. Wattage(Watts): 850
- 14 Baking Functions – Simply select the type of bread you wish to make and how light or dark you want it. This machine includes controls for gluten-free, low-carb, and artisan loaves
13. KIKET Smart 3.5 LB Bread Machine
The KIKET bread machine is the largest machine currently available. I very well may have to buy one of these as well, just to keep up with our big family’s needs.
|Package Dimensions||18.1 x 13.3 x 11.4 inches; 3.5 Pounds|
|Material||Non-stick Ceramic Pan (18 Menu; 15 Hours Delay Time; 3 Loaf Size & 3 crust shades)|
About this item
- 🍞 2 Paddle & 3.5LB Super Large Capacity: Designed in California. This is the only super-capacity bread machine on the market, best for American families.2 paddle designs can make sure the dough is evenly mixed.
- 🍰 18 Presets & Homemade Function: KIKET professional bread machine provides you with 18 kinds of presets, which includes Basic bread, French bread, Whole-wheat bread, Sweetbread, Rice bread, Gluten-free bread, Quickbread, Cornbread, Brown bread, Cake, Knead, Dough, Yogurt, Jam, Bake, Dessert, Rice wine. Besides, we provide you DIY bread making.
- 🍕 3 Crust Colors & 3 Loaf Sizes: Choose your bread weight (1125g/1350g/1600g), color (light, medium, dark). Equipped with convenient large windows, you can easily observe the bread-making process.
- 🥯 Powerful Silent Motor: 850W high-power AC motor, easy to mix, it can mix the flour quickly and evenly, and the noise made by motor is less than 40db, it will not affect your sleep.
- 🥧 What You Get: Your order will come with a KIKET bread maker ,original recipes created by the KIKET Chefs,hook fork*1, bread bucket*1, measuring cup*1, measuring spoon*1. In addition, we will provide you with 2 years of free spare parts replacement service and a 1-year free machine replacement service.
14. Breville BBM800XL Custom Loaf Bread Maker
The Breville Custom Loaf Bread Maker is a beast! As mentioned above, this is my second top choice. With a hefty price tag, it’s definitely reserved for more serious bakers.
|Product Dimensions||9.8 x 15.7 x 13.9 inches; 16.85 Pounds|
About this item
- Automatic fruit and nut dispenser releases ingredients at the right moment during the knead phase so they are evenly incorporated within the dough. Voltage : 110–120 Volts
- Unique collapsible kneading paddle thoroughly mixes ingredients then collapses before bake phase to minimize the hole at the base of the baked loaf
- Smart lcd screen with progress indicator displaying 13 automatic settings, 3 crust colors, and 4 loaf sizes
- Loaf sizes include 1.0-pound, 1-1/2-pound, 2.0 ln and 2-1/2-pound (Family size)
- 46 step by step recipes (basic, whole wheat, gluten free, crusty loaf, sweet, yeast free, dough, jam as well custom recipe charts). Power : 830 Watts
If you liked this post, don’t forget to pin it for later: