Looking for fast and easy fun with nature this Autumn? Give Fall leaf imprints a try! With only leaves, paint, and paper, your kids can create beautiful imprints that are sure to make them “oooh” and “aaah”
Who doesn’t love a good Fall craft for their kids? With so many structured art projects out there, I knew I needed to add some process art using natural materials to our Autumn study this year.
Let’s be clear, your child may or may not be interested in seeing the leaf imprints. They may end up enjoying the act of painting with the Fall leaves instead of admiring the imprints. It doesn’t matter, as long as they’re having fun and expressing themselves creatively!
Most stamping art projects end with my son completely covered in paint. He likes to smack the objects down on the paper so many times, and with such force, that you can’t even tell what it was. And that’s great!
WHILE YOU’RE PLANNING YOUR AUTUMN THEME:
- Check out my Autumn Unit here. (Use code AUTUMN25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!
- Here are 25 Autumn Activities for your Preschooler’s Autumn theme!
- Here’s a list of Autumn Books for your Autumn Unit Study.
- Here are 25 Autumn Crafts for your Preschooler
- Here’s a list of 16 Fun & Delicious Autumn-Themed Snacks for your Kids
- Here are some fun Autumn Facts for Kids
- The Leaves of the Trees Autumn Song for Preschoolers
Autumn Activities & Crafts We’ve Done at the Moore Homestead:
- Laminated Leaves Craft for Kids
- Fall Leaves Painted Toast
- Fall Sensory Bin for Preschoolers
- Autumn Tree Cotton Ball Painting Craft
- Fall Paper Plate Wreath Craft
- Fall Button Tree Invitation to Play
- Leaf Faces Craft for Kids
- Salt Crystal Leaves Science Experiment for Preschoolers
- Leaf Cutting Bin for Preschoolers
- Fizzing Pumpkins Activity for Preschoolers
- Fall Leaf Suncatchers Craft
- Sensory Fall Leaf Painting for Toddlers
- Fall Process Art
- Fingerprint Fall Leaf Craft (with FREE printable)
- Fall Leaf Lacing Activity (with FREE printable)
For tips on planning your homeschool preschool year, including curriculum recommendations, check out this article.
Join the Homeschooling Preschoolers Facebook Page! There are free resources available, and it’s the perfect way to connect with other families!
Painted Fall Leaf Imprint Art
What I do to adapt, is simply do one or two prints on my own, showing my son. From there, he does a couple on his own before turning to complete chaos! It all works out for everyone!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to pin it for later: