Looking for a fast and easy Autumn activity for your kids? Give Fall leaf painted toast a try! With just some milk and food coloring, your children can paint some festive Fall leaf toast for breakfast!
Some links found on this site may be affiliate links, and as an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support! See sidebar for more information, or visit my Policies & Disclosures page.
I’ve seen painted toast activities floating around on the internet for years, but I’ve never actually given it a try! My kids are at the perfect age for it now, and it seemed like a great addition to our Autumn unit study.
Using some Fall leaf cookie cutters, carefully cut out your bread and toast for a couple of minutes! Try not to make yours as brown as ours came out. My son likes it that way, and hey – Fall leaves have some brown in them! So, it worked out.
In separate jars or cups, mix milk and food coloring to make “paint” for your child. We stuck to Autumn leaf colors, but the red came out a bit pink looking. Regardless, my son understood exactly what was going on.
WHILE YOU’RE PLANNING YOUR AUTUMN THEME:
- Check out my Autumn Unit here. (Use code AUTUMN25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!
- Here are 25 Autumn Activities for your Preschooler’s Autumn theme!
- Here’s a list of Autumn Books for your Autumn Unit Study.
- Here are 25 Autumn Crafts for your Preschooler
- Here’s a list of 16 Fun & Delicious Autumn-Themed Snacks for your Kids
- Here are some fun Autumn Facts for Kids
- The Leaves of the Trees Autumn Song for Preschoolers
Autumn Activities & Crafts We’ve Done at the Moore Homestead:
- Laminated Leaves Craft for Kids
- Fall Sensory Bin for Preschoolers
- Autumn Tree Cotton Ball Painting Craft
- Fall Paper Plate Wreath Craft
- Fall Button Tree Invitation to Play
- Painted Leaf Imprint Art
- Leaf Faces Craft for Kids
- Salt Crystal Leaves Science Experiment for Preschoolers
- Leaf Cutting Bin for Preschoolers
- Fizzing Pumpkins Activity for Preschoolers
- Fall Leaf Suncatchers Craft
- Sensory Fall Leaf Painting for Toddlers
- Fall Process Art
- Fingerprint Fall Leaf Craft (with FREE printable)
- Fall Leaf Lacing Activity (with FREE printable)
For tips on planning your homeschool preschool year, including curriculum recommendations, check out this article.
Join the Homeschooling Preschoolers Facebook Page! There are free resources available, and it’s the perfect way to connect with other families!
Fall Leaf Painted Toast
If you liked this post, don’t forget to pin it for later: