This Fall process art for toddlers & preschoolers is fun and allows for open-ended exploration and artistic expression. You can use whatever materials you have at home, preferably things that are orange, yellow, and red like the Fall leaves.
Some links found on this site may be affiliate links, and as an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support! See sidebar for more information, or visit my Policies & Disclosures page.
If you’re new to the concept, I have a detailed guide on what process art is, and why it’s beneficial for kids. Basically, you allow your child to freely explore the materials with no set goal in mind. They’ll create their own vision and outcome they want to bring to life, but it’s quite different from a craft.
For this process art session, I provided my toddler and preschooler with random materials that were Fall-colored.
- Ripped up construction paper
- Tissue paper
- Pipe cleaners
I especially love using tissue paper, because it’s easy for little hands to rip apart and manipulate, and it crinkles and makes noises, which adds to the sensory play aspect of art.
You can give your preschooler school glue and construction paper, but for this project, I taped some contact paper down onto the table sticky-side up and allowed them to stick things where they want. Less mess, and better for toddlers!
WHILE YOU’RE PLANNING YOUR AUTUMN THEME:
- Check out my Autumn Unit here. (Use code AUTUMN25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!
- Here are 25 Autumn Activities for your Preschooler’s Autumn theme!
- Here’s a list of Autumn Books for your Autumn Unit Study.
- Here are 25 Autumn Crafts for your Preschooler
- Here’s a list of 16 Fun & Delicious Autumn-Themed Snacks for your Kids
- Here are some fun Autumn Facts for Kids
- The Leaves of the Trees Autumn Song for Preschoolers
Autumn Activities & Crafts We’ve Done at the Moore Homestead:
- Laminated Leaves Craft for Kids
- Fall Leaves Painted Toast
- Fall Sensory Bin for Preschoolers
- Autumn Tree Cotton Ball Painting Craft
- Fall Paper Plate Wreath Craft
- Fall Button Tree Invitation to Play
- Painted Leaf Imprint Art
- Leaf Faces Craft for Kids
- Salt Crystal Leaves Science Experiment for Preschoolers
- Leaf Cutting Bin for Preschoolers
- Fizzing Pumpkins Activity for Preschoolers
- Fall Leaf Suncatchers Craft
- Sensory Fall Leaf Painting for Toddlers
- Fingerprint Fall Leaf Craft (with FREE printable)
- Fall Leaf Lacing Activity (with FREE printable)
For tips on planning your homeschool preschool year, including curriculum recommendations, check out this article.
Join the Homeschooling Preschoolers Facebook Page! There are free resources available, and it’s the perfect way to connect with other families!
Fall Process Art for Toddlers & Preschoolers
If you liked this post, don’t forget to pin it for later: