This family sensory bin features pictures of your child’s family members and makes for a great addition to an all about me theme, or family study!
Nothing makes my son light up more than seeing family on Facetime or talking about pictures of the people in our family, so I knew this activity was going to be a success.
Family was one of the things I wanted to touch on during our all about me unit, and what better way to do that than through a fun family sensory bin!
All you need for this activity is a sensory bin with a medium of your choice, and some small pictures of your family members. That’s it!
WHILE YOU’RE PLANNING YOUR ALL ABOUT ME THEME:
- Check out my All About Me Unit here. (Use code ALLABOUTME25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!
- Here are some fun Activities & Crafts for your Preschooler’s All About Me theme!
- Here’s a list of Books for your All About Me Unit Study.
- Check out this Fun All About Me Song for Preschoolers
All About Me Activities & Crafts We’ve Done at the Moore Homestead:
- All About Me Pizzas
- Emotion Cards for Preschoolers
- Self Portrait Playdough Tray
- Full Body Self Portrait
- Name Recognition Clothespin Clip
- Look How Tall I Am Preschool Science Study
- Build your Home Activity
- Things I Like Collage
- Name Dot Marker Trace
- All About Me Printable Workbook
- Body Part Flashcards
Family Sensory Bin
We had a bean scoop sensory bin set up for my toddler this week as a part of our toddler play program, so that was already ready to go. I simply printed some pictures of our family members on cardstock and stuck them in the bin, and voila!
My son had a blast digging for different people, and squealed with joy over each new person he found. It was really heartwarming, especially after being so distant from everyone all year long.
You could also use rice, chickpeas, shredded paper, or a number of other sensory bin mediums. I wouldn’t recommend water beads unless you plan on laminating each picture.
If you liked this post, don’t forget to pin it for later: