Five Senses Books for Preschoolers
Looking for books about the five senses for your preschooler? Here are a list of the best options for any young child exploring their sense of touch, taste, sight, hearing, and smell!
Some links found on this site may be affiliate links, and as an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support! See sidebar for more information, or visit my Policies & Disclosures page.
These books were absolutely adorable and educational, and I was able to find all of them on Amazon! Our local library can be a bit hit or miss when it comes to these specific titles, so I usually just buy a couple, and supplement with what I can find at the library. I definitely recommend at least getting the first book, if you’re looking for a guide to read to your young child about our 5 senses and how they work. That series is usually nice and informative.
WHILE YOU’RE PLANNING YOUR 5 SENSES THEME:
- Check out my 5 Senses Unit here. (Use code SENSES25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!
- Here are 19 Activities & Crafts for your Preschooler’s 5 Senses theme!
- Check out this Fun 5 Senses Song for Preschoolers
5 Senses Activities & Crafts We’ve Done at the Moore Homestead:
- Sensory Spice Painting
- Texture Collage 5 Senses Process Art Activity
- Salt & Sugar Test Five Senses Activity
- 5 Senses Puppets (Free Printable)
- Jello Dig Sensory Activity
- Taste Test Survey Printable & Activity
- Scratch and Sniff Jello Name Activity
- 5 Senses Sorting Game Printable
- Jello Playdough
- Pickle Science Study
- Rainbow Sensory Noodles
- Pop Rocks Science Study
- Sound Jars Five Senses Activity
- 5 Senses Scavenger Hunt
- 5 Senses Body Parts Match Activity
- Easy Sensory Bottles
- Optometrist Dramatic Play for Kids
You can check out my tagged photos on Instagram to see other families following my unit studies, including my fabulous 5 Senses unit!
For tips on planning your homeschool preschool year, check out this article.
Join the Homeschooling Preschoolers Facebook Page! There are free resources available, and it’s the perfect way to connect with other families!