This preschool printable five senses sorting game is perfect for young kids to work out which of their five senses is most commonly used in every day scenarios. If you’re looking for something fun and easy to add to your 5 senses theme, this printable is the way to go.
Sorting games are one of my son’s favorite things this year, so I knew I needed to add a printable sorting game to our five senses study.
Learning about our senses was huge for my son! Like many things, there was a lot that he inherently knew, but the clarification was super helpful to his thought process. Now, he’ll randomly ask me what certain sounds are, and then explain what he thinks it sounds like, and why. It all ties into his little scientist heart, and I love it!
The one downside to a five senses sorting game, is that we can use more than one sense on many items. This can either be confusing and stressful for your child, or eye-opening.
For my printable game, I suggest allowing any confusion to be the start of conversation. “Yes, we can see ice cream, but mostly we like to taste it.”
WHILE YOU’RE PLANNING YOUR 5 SENSES THEME:
- Check out my 5 Senses Unit here. (Use code SENSES25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!
- Here are 19 Activities & Crafts for your Preschooler’s 5 Senses theme!
- Here’s a list of Books for your 5 Senses Unit Study.
- Check out this Fun 5 Senses Song for Preschoolers
5 Senses Activities & Crafts We’ve Done at the Moore Homestead:
- Sensory Spice Painting
- Texture Collage 5 Senses Process Art Activity
- Salt & Sugar Test Five Senses Activity
- 5 Senses Puppets (Free Printable)
- Jello Dig Sensory Activity
- Taste Test Survey Printable & Activity
- Scratch and Sniff Jello Name Activity
- Jello Playdough
- Pickle Science Study
- Rainbow Sensory Noodles
- Pop Rocks Science Study
- Sound Jars Five Senses Activity
- 5 Senses Scavenger Hunt
- 5 Senses Body Parts Match Activity
- Easy Sensory Bottles
- Optometrist Dramatic Play for Kids
For tips on planning your homeschool preschool year, check out this article.
Join the Homeschooling Preschoolers Facebook Page! There are free resources available, and it’s the perfect way to connect with other families!
Five Senses Sorting Game Printable
Grab my five senses sorting game below, or visit my Etsy shop. I usually have more items available on this website, and better deals too.
If you liked this post, don’t forget to pin it for later: