Looking for fun pumpkin activities for your kids this year? Make your own easy fluffy pumpkin slime for your kids this Fall!
My son is obsessed with slime. And, yes, I know what some of you are thinking. He does watch slime videos on Youtube, supervised on our big television.
And I know what else you’re thinking. I do hate it.
Just kidding! But seriously, it is a bit much. I mean, the boy wants to be surrounded by all things slime. Slime, all day, every day. He wants to buy slime, play with slime, watch other people make and buy slime. It’s insanity!
While I was putting together our pumpkin unit, I knew I had to add some fun pumpkin slime to the activity list. I’ve seen fluffy pumpkin slime floating around the internet for years, and knew this was the perfect time for it.
WHILE YOU’RE PLANNING YOUR PUMPKIN THEME:
- Check out my Pumpkin Unit here. (Use code PUMPKIN25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!
- Here are 25 Pumpkin Activities for your Preschooler’s Pumpkin theme!
- Here’s a list of Pumpkin Books for your Pumpkin Unit Study.
- Here are 25 Pumpkin Crafts for your Preschooler
- Here’s a list of 16 Fun & Delicious Pumpkin-Themed Snacks for your Kids
- Here are some fun Pumpkin Facts for Kids
- Learn how to Process Pumpkin Puree from a Pumpkin with your Kids
Pumpkin Activities & Crafts We’ve Done at the Moore Homestead:
- Anatomy of a Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Stamping Art
- Wash the Pumpkins Sensory Activity
- Pumpkin Patch Invitation to Play
- DIY Pumpkin Pie Moon Sand
- Pumpkin Suncatchers Craft
- Pumpkin Boats Activity
- Pumpkin Bubbles Science Experiment
- How to Dye Pumpkin Seeds for Sensory Play and Crafts
- Pumpkin Seed Name Craft
- Pumpkin Shape Sorter
- Pumpkin Volcano Science Experiment
- Pumpkin Paper Plate Craft
- Pumpkin Soup Activity
- Pumpkin Sticker Play for Toddlers
- Pumpkin Squish Bag for Babies & Toddlers
- Painting Pumpkins Art Activity
For tips on planning your homeschool preschool year, including curriculum recommendations, check out this article.
Join the Homeschooling Preschoolers Facebook Page! There are free resources available, and it’s the perfect way to connect with other families!
How to Make Fluffy Pumpkin Slime
Ingredients for Pumpkin Fluffy Slime:
- 3 cups Shaving cream
- 2/3 cup School glue
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/3 cup water
- Yellow and Red food coloring
- 2 tbsp Contact solution
How to make Fluffy Pumpkin Slime:
1. To a large bowl, add your school glue, then water and baking soda. Mix well.
2. Mix in the shaving cream and food coloring.
3. Add the contact solution and “knead” the slime for about 5 minutes. It will be sticky, but will firm up and get to the right consistency as you go!
I did not knead this batch as much as I should have because my son caught me mixing it, and he was too eager and impatient to take it outside to play. It was a long day, y’all.
Your batch will come out less sticky than mine, but even in this state, it was easy to wash off!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to pin it for later: