This Froot Loop rainbow is the perfect fine motor activity to add to your rainbow theme. While it’s not the healthiest thing in the world, it’s a fun treat your child will love.
Some links found on this site may be affiliate links, and as an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support! See sidebar for more information, or visit my Policies & Disclosures page.
If you follow my Instagram, you may remember how much my son did NOT enjoy this activity. How’s that for an intro? Hear me out.
In all seriousness, I expressed how it was still a win. Our kids won’t always be engaged in everything we present them with. And that’s okay!
I will say, I know exactly why. Not only was it almost snack time, so he was probably feeling a bit peckish and cranky, he also isn’t usually allowed to have sugary cereal or marshmallows.
Don’t get me wrong, we eat treats in this house. But I’m pretty strict about cereal.
So, when I presented him with this adorable activity, he was so overstimulated by the fact that I just put sugary cereal, pipe cleaners and marshmallows in front of him, he has zero interest in making rainbows.
Still, I added this to my Rainbow unit, and I shared it on my Instagram, knowing someone’s kid out there would love it! And they did! Parents have been tagging me in images of their kids making Froot Loop rainbows, and it made it all worth it!
WHILE YOU’RE PLANNING YOUR RAINBOW THEME:
- Check out my Rainbow Unit here. (Use code RAINBOW25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!
- Here are 25 Rainbow Activities for your Preschooler’s Rainbow theme!
- Here are 25 Rainbow Crafts and Art Projects for Preschoolers
- Here’s a list of Rainbow Books for your Rainbow Unit Study.
- Here’s a list of 16 Fun & Delicious Rainbow Snacks for your Kids
- Here’s a list of Rainbow Recipes to Make with your Kids
Other Rainbow Activities & Crafts We’ve Done at the Moore Homestead:
- Puffy Sidewalk Paint
- DIY Rainbow Mobile
- Rainbow Playdough Kit Invitation to Play
- Pom-Pom Water Sensory Bin
- Easy Rainbow Suncatchers Craft
- Surprise Rainbow Art
- Color Mixing with Ice Cubes Science Activity
For tips on planning your homeschool preschool year, including curriculum recommendations, check out this article.
Join the Homeschooling Preschoolers Facebook Page! There are free resources available, and it’s the perfect way to connect with other young homeschool families!
Froot Loop Rainbow Activity for Toddlers & Preschoolers
One thing I learned was to cut the pipe cleaners in half, so they can stand up!
If you like my wooden tray, I found it here!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to pin it for later: