Learn how to make delicious garlic butter pork chops on the stovetop. This pork chop recipe is perfect for an easy weeknight dinner, and can be marinated or made quickly in under 20 minutes.
Optional – My special creamy lemon garlic pork chop marinade:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (from 2–3 lemons)
- 1.5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Season the pork or marinate it.
- Heat vegetable oil and butter on a pan on the stove at medium heat.
- Once the butter and oil starts to bubble, add the pork chops and minced garlic, taking care not to overcrowd them.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes on each side, depending on the type of pork chops you have, and how thick they are cut. Baste as you go using a spoon if the pork chops are not submerged in butter and oil
- Add a new scoop of minced garlic with each batch of pork chops to avoid burning.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and serve with side of your choice!
- Use the leftover oil and butter to make a creamy sauce for your pork chops, or cook your vegetable side in the same pan afterward!
- Marinating your pork for at least an hour prior to cooking tenderizes the meat and makes for a more tender, flavorful pork chop.
- You can freeze these once they’re cooked, or beforehand in a marinade.
- These pork chops go great with a variety of sides, including corn, green beans, mashed or roasted potatoes, rice, broccoli, pasta, and any leftovers you may have in the fridge.
- Category: Meat
- Method: Stove-top
- Cuisine: Dinner
Keywords: dinner, easy dinner, fast dinner, weeknight meals, pork, garlic butter pork chops, pork chops, boneless pork chops