This homemade baby wash and shampoo with lavender is the perfect recipe for relaxing your baby or toddler before bedtime, and it’s great for sensitive skin.
I have another DIY homemade “recipe” for you today. It’s quick, easy, and it saves a ton of money! What more could you want? This homemade baby wash literally took me about 3 minutes to make, and it smells wonderful. The lavender is great for relaxing your little one before bed, and the Castile soap is gentle and perfect for baby’s sensitive skin.
I don’t know the exact measurements for this bottle, so you’ll have to adjust it accordingly. If you’d like to order the same glass bottles as I did, you can check them out here. Basically, you want about equal parts Castile soap and water, depending on how thin you’d like your baby wash to be.
This post contains affiliate links. See sidebar for more information.
Homemade Baby Wash and Shampoo
- Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castile Liquid Soap – Baby Unscented (trust me, this brand is the best)
- 1-2 tbsp Vitamin E Oil
- 3-5 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- Pump Bottle
- Fill the pump bottle halfway with water. I like my body wash to be a little on the thicker side, so I’ll usually fill up the water just a little below the halfway mark.
- Fill the rest of the bottle with liquid Castile soap.
- Add the vitamin e oil and lavender essential oil. Make sure you use quality essential oil, and not some knock-off brand. You want to be careful when it comes to your baby’s skin.
- Shake the bottle to mix.
- Add one of my cute labels!
And voila! That’s it, you’re done!
Super easy, right? I’m all about making my own products. Usually, I don’t mind spending a few hours on a craft or project, but there’s nothing like a 5-minute DIY. If you run out of baby wash, not to worry! You can whip this up in no time.
If you plan on only using this on your baby or toddler’s body, you can add a little more vitamin e oil, or even some fractionated coconut oil. I didn’t add coconut oil in this recipe because I like to use this in my son’s hair as well, and too much oil will make his hair, well, oily!
P.S. – Make sure you shake it up before using it!
If you make this, let me know in the comments below! I’d love to hear how it works for you. My son loves taking baths before bed, and the lavender scent puts him in a happy, relaxed mood.
Thanks for stopping by! If you liked this DIY, you might like my homemade diaper cream recipe. Stay for a while, have a look around, and subscribe if you’d like access to my printables library. It’s full of printable worksheets for preschoolers, and other fun freebies!