Looking for a fun math printable for your homeschool preschooler? These hot cocoa marshmallow counting mats make counting and number recognition even more fun by incorporating marshmallows and a Winter-theme to your math time!
Marshmallows are not something we usually keep around the house, but this season I grabbed way too many bags at the grocery store. Why you might ask?
I’m super pregnant and had a random craving for Rice Krispie treats (which I usually don’t really care for). Once we got home, the craving had passed, and I haven’t felt like making them. Oh, I still have a huge bag of Rice Krispies on top of my fridge, too.
Thankfully, it’s Winter, so the kids have been drinking hot chocolate throughout the season. I’ve even found fun ways to incorporate them into our homeschool lessons, like in our hot chocolate sensory bin, and the edible constellations we did during our Space unit!
While You’re Planning Your Winter Theme:
- Check out my Winter Unit here. (Use code WINTER25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!)
- Here’s a list of the best Winter books for toddlers and preschoolers
- Here’s a list of fun Winter activities for preschoolers
- Here are some creative and engaging Winter crafts for preschoolers
- Here’s a list of fun and delicious Winter snacks for kids
- Here’s a fun Hot Chocolate song for preschoolers
Homeschool Preschool Winter Crafts & Activities We’ve Done:
- Snowstorm in a Jar Science Experiment
- Snowman Playdough Tray
- Hot Chocolate Sensory Bin
- Shaving Cream Sensory Writing
- Snowman Paper Plate Wreath Craft
- Easy Pretend Snow Sensory Bin with Baking Soda and Conditioner
- Salt Crystal Snowflakes
- Cotton Ball Snowman Craft
- Torn Paper Snowflake Craft
- Thumbprint Cookies
Check out my Winter Printables for Preschoolers:
- Snowman Counting Printable
- Winter Flashcards for Preschoolers
- Gingerbread Man Lacing
- Penguin Alphabet Hat Matching Printable
- Anatomy of a Snowflake Worksheet
- Winter Pre-K Workbook
- Winter Dot Marker Pack
- Winter Coloring Book
- Printable Winter Wonderland Puppets for Preschoolers
- Winter I-Spy Busy Bag
- Winter Hat Craft
- Hot Cocoa Stand Dramatic Play Station
- Snowflake Nature Study
- Polar Bear Mini Unit
- Name Snowman Building Name Recognition Activity
Winter Activities and Printables for Toddlers:
- Penguin Hat Match (Color Recognition) Printable
- Fill a Snowman Activity
- Paint the Snow
- Dot Sticker Snowflake
- Winter I-Spy Worksheet
- Snowflake Painting
- Decorate the Christmas Tree Printable
- Snowflake Matching
- Cotton Ball Snow Activity Bin
Hot Cocoa Marshmallow Counting Activity
I continue to be impressed with my son every week, as I watch him blossom into an amazing boy. He’s known his numbers for quite some time now, but when it comes to actually counting the number of objects, he tends to just happily count as high as he can.
It’s not something I’ve pushed him on, though, of course. He just turned 4 a couple of months ago, and he’s just being a playful child. I have no doubt that he’ll count “the right way” when he’s ready.
This activity had him specifically counting out the correct number of marshmallows. I was surprised to see him add the right amount to every cup almost every time!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to pin it for later: