This leaf cutting bin for preschoolers is a great way to work on scissor skills and provides open exploration and sensory play all in one!
When I first saw this idea, I knew it would be perfect for my Autumn Unit this year! My son is just now experimenting with cutting, and it’s still a completely foreign concept to him.
It’s actually quite frustrating for him, but the only way to learn is to practice, right? He eagerly attempts to cut his own crafts and activities, and doesn’t have the dexterity to pull it off quite yet.
Cutting Fall leaves from outside is the perfect way to introduce him to the proper way to hold scissors, since there are no rules or goals with this fine motor skills activity. There is no “wrong” way to cut a Fall leaf!
WHILE YOU’RE PLANNING YOUR AUTUMN THEME:
- Check out my Autumn Unit here. (Use code AUTUMN25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!
- Here are 25 Autumn Activities for your Preschooler’s Autumn theme!
- Here’s a list of Autumn Books for your Autumn Unit Study.
- Here are 25 Autumn Crafts for your Preschooler
- Here’s a list of 16 Fun & Delicious Autumn-Themed Snacks for your Kids
- Here are some fun Autumn Facts for Kids
- The Leaves of the Trees Autumn Song for Preschoolers
Autumn Activities & Crafts We’ve Done at the Moore Homestead:
- Laminated Leaves Craft for Kids
- Fall Leaves Painted Toast
- Fall Sensory Bin for Preschoolers
- Autumn Tree Cotton Ball Painting Craft
- Fall Paper Plate Wreath Craft
- Fall Button Tree Invitation to Play
- Painted Leaf Imprint Art
- Leaf Faces Craft for Kids
- Salt Crystal Leaves Science Experiment for Preschoolers
- Fizzing Pumpkins Activity for Preschoolers
- Fall Leaf Suncatchers Craft
- Sensory Fall Leaf Painting for Toddlers
- Fall Process Art
- Fingerprint Fall Leaf Craft (with FREE printable)
- Fall Leaf Lacing Activity (with FREE printable)
For tips on planning your homeschool preschool year, including curriculum recommendations, check out this article.
Join the Homeschooling Preschoolers Facebook Page! There are free resources available, and it’s the perfect way to connect with other families!
Leaf Cutting Bin for Preschoolers
If you liked this post, don’t forget to pin it for later