Looking for a fun name recognition activity for your preschooler? This clothespin clip activity is easy to put together with no printer needed, and will help your child work on fine motor skills and letter recognition.
Some links found on this site may be affiliate links, and as an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support! See sidebar for more information, or visit my Policies & Disclosures page.
Anyone teaching preschoolers at home should order a bundle of clothespins because they come in handy frequently! They’re definitely something I would consider a staple in our homeschool, believe it or not.
For our All About Me theme, I wanted to focus on 3 main things:
- My son (like, quite literally “all about me.” His likes, dislikes, family, features, etc.)
- Body parts
It actually wasn’t the easiest thing in the world to plan, because I felt the message would be lost if we bounced around from idea to idea too much. I kept things pretty simple, and I was sure to implement activities that focused on name recognition and self-identity.
We trace his name daily as a part of our morning work binder, so instead, I created an activity that hit his fine motor skills to keep things interesting.
WHILE YOU’RE PLANNING YOUR ALL ABOUT ME THEME:
- Check out my All About Me Unit here. (Use code ALLABOUTME25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!
- Here are some fun Activities & Crafts for your Preschooler’s All About Me theme!
- Here’s a list of Books for your All About Me Unit Study.
- Check out this Fun All About Me Song for Preschoolers
All About Me Activities & Crafts We’ve Done at the Moore Homestead:
- All About Me Pizzas
- Emotion Cards for Preschoolers
- Self Portrait Playdough Tray
- Full Body Self Portrait
- Look How Tall I Am Preschool Science Study
- Family Sensory Bin
- Build your Home Activity
- Things I Like Collage
- Name Dot Marker Trace
- All About Me Printable Workbook
- Body Part Flashcards
Name Recognition Clothespin Clip
Clothespins are still quite tricky for him, so it definitely gets his brain working and his little hands moving. More often than not, he asked me to help him, but all-in-all he did a great job!
He was extremely proud of himself and asked to clip his name throughout the week.
If you liked this post, don’t forget to pin it for later: