Thinking of setting up an optometrist dramatic play station for your kids? These dramatic play ideas will make for the perfect setup, and my optometrist bundle makes a great addition.
Some links found on this site may be affiliate links, and as an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support! See sidebar for more information, or visit my Policies & Disclosures page.
Perhaps your child is going to the optometrist soon, and you want to help them get used to the way the appointment will work. Or, maybe your kid just loves going to see the eye doctor, and dreams of becoming an optometrist some day!
No matter the case, if you’re looking to set up an optometrist dramatic play station, I have just the thing for you.
I first came up with this idea while planning our five senses homeschool unit. I like to add a dramatic play station to most of our themes when I can, and I was feeling stuck on what to do for this one.
After some searching on Pinterest, I saw a ton of doctor dramatic play, which got the gears turning. It made sense, after all. It would get my son talking about his body parts, which ties into the five senses.
However, I remembered that I have a human body theme coming up soon, and decided to save the doctor dramatic play idea for that unit.
After some more digging, I found the one! Optometry!
I ordered this affordable doctor jacket set on Amazon, and it was perfect. Maybe not perfect, but it worked! It also came with a stethoscope, which my son insisted on keeping with the optometry set.
WHILE YOU’RE PLANNING YOUR 5 SENSES THEME:
- Check out my 5 Senses Unit here. (Use code SENSES25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!
- Here are 19 Activities & Crafts for your Preschooler’s 5 Senses theme!
- Here’s a list of Books for your 5 Senses Unit Study.
- Check out this Fun 5 Senses Song for Preschoolers
5 Senses Activities & Crafts We’ve Done at the Moore Homestead:
- Sensory Spice Painting
- Texture Collage 5 Senses Process Art Activity
- Salt & Sugar Test Five Senses Activity
- 5 Senses Puppets (Free Printable)
- Jello Dig Sensory Activity
- Taste Test Survey Printable & Activity
- Scratch and Sniff Jello Name Activity
- 5 Senses Sorting Game Printable
- Jello Playdough
- Pickle Science Study
- Rainbow Sensory Noodles
- Pop Rocks Science Study
- Sound Jars Five Senses Activity
- 5 Senses Scavenger Hunt
- 5 Senses Body Parts Match Activity
- Easy Sensory Bottles
For tips on planning your homeschool preschool year, check out this article.
Join the Homeschooling Preschoolers Facebook Page! There are free resources available, and it’s the perfect way to connect with other families!
Optometrist Dramatic Play Station for Kids
I created a dramatic play bundle that’s available for purchase, but feel free to use any of the ideas shown for your own spin on a optometrist dramatic play station!
Included in my Optometrist Dramatic Play Bundle:
- Pretend Eye Chart Poster
- Optometrist Sign-In Sheet
- Waiting Room Poster
- Patient Eye Exam Printable
- Glasses Order Form
- Eye Anatomy Poster
- Optometrist ID Card
- Optometrist Business Cards
Our optometrist had a stethoscope, ha!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to pin it for later: