Looking for a fun alphabet printable for your preschooler’s busy binder? Or maybe a fun spin on uppercase and lowercase letter recognition? This activity pack is perfect for toddlers and preschoolers learning the letters of the alphabet.
Some links found on this site may be affiliate links, and as an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support! See sidebar for more information, or visit my Policies & Disclosures page.
I made a busy binder printable featuring these fun little penguins (which you can check out here), with my toddler in mind, but they were such a hit with my son, I knew I needed to make a version that was suitable for his skill level.
The original version was a color recognition set, with the same goal: match the Winter hats to the correct penguins.
This version took a long time to put together, as I had to cut out each individual hat. For this reason, I highly recommend you use this worksheet set as a busy binder add-on, or at least laminate or find some way to extend the life of the little hats.
Using sticky velcro dots, you can easily make this activity worth the trouble, and provide your child with countless hours of educational fun.
While You’re Planning Your Winter Theme:
- Check out my Winter Unit here. (Use code WINTER25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!)
- Here’s a list of the best Winter books for toddlers and preschoolers
- Here’s a list of fun Winter activities for preschoolers
- Here are some creative and engaging Winter crafts for preschoolers
- Here’s a list of fun and delicious Winter snacks for kids
- Here’s a fun Hot Chocolate song for preschoolers
Homeschool Preschool Winter Crafts & Activities We’ve Done:
- Snowstorm in a Jar Science Experiment
- Snowman Playdough Tray
- Hot Chocolate Sensory Bin
- Shaving Cream Sensory Writing
- Snowman Paper Plate Wreath Craft
- Easy Pretend Snow Sensory Bin with Baking Soda and Conditioner
- Salt Crystal Snowflakes
- Cotton Ball Snowman Craft
- Torn Paper Snowflake Craft
- Thumbprint Cookies
Check out my Winter Printables for Preschoolers:
- Snowman Counting Printable
- Winter Flashcards for Preschoolers
- Gingerbread Man Lacing
- Anatomy of a Snowflake Worksheet
- Winter Pre-K Workbook
- Winter Dot Marker Pack
- Winter Coloring Book
- Printable Winter Wonderland Puppets for Preschoolers
- Winter I-Spy Busy Bag
- Hot Cocoa Marshmallow Counting Activity
- Winter Hat Craft
- Hot Cocoa Stand Dramatic Play Station
- Snowflake Nature Study
- Polar Bear Mini Unit
- Name Snowman Building Name Recognition Activity
Winter Activities and Printables for Toddlers:
- Penguin Hat Match (Color Recognition) Printable
- Fill a Snowman Activity
- Paint the Snow
- Dot Sticker Snowflake
- Winter I-Spy Worksheet
- Snowflake Painting
- Decorate the Christmas Tree Printable
- Snowflake Matching
- Cotton Ball Snow Activity Bin
Penguin Alphabet Hat Matching Printable for Preschoolers
Your preschooler will learn uppercase vs lowercase letters when they’re ready, but activities like this are a ton of fun for most young ones, and will help speed the process along if they’re interested.
If you liked this post, don’t forget to pin it for later: