Pumpkin Bubbles Science Experiment for Preschoolers
This pumpkin bubbles science experiment is perfect for preschoolers, and easy to put together. Win, win!
Everyone remembers blowing bubbles in chocolate milk as a kid, right? It’s something kids naturally want to explore at some point, so why not give them the opportunity to do so with a festive twist?
I can understand that it doesn’t make a ton of sense to hollow out an entire mini pumpkin just to blow bubbles in it, but let me tell you – if your preschooler is as obsessed with pumpkins as mine is, it is 100% worth it!
Plus – you can reuse the same pumpkin for several of the activities listed below, including a volcano experiment, pumpkin boats, and my fluffy pumpkin slime.
WHILE YOU’RE PLANNING YOUR PUMPKIN THEME:
- Check out my Pumpkin Unit here. (Use code PUMPKIN25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!
- Here are 25 Pumpkin Activities for your Preschooler’s Pumpkin theme!
- Here’s a list of Pumpkin Books for your Pumpkin Unit Study.
- Here are 25 Pumpkin Crafts for your Preschooler
- Here’s a list of 16 Fun & Delicious Pumpkin-Themed Snacks for your Kids
- Here are some fun Pumpkin Facts for Kids
- Learn how to Process Pumpkin Puree from a Pumpkin with your Kids
Pumpkin Activities & Crafts We’ve Done at the Moore Homestead:
- Anatomy of a Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Stamping Art
- Wash the Pumpkins Sensory Activity
- Pumpkin Patch Invitation to Play
- DIY Pumpkin Pie Moon Sand
- Pumpkin Suncatchers Craft
- Pumpkin Boats Activity
- Fluffy Pumpkin Slime
- How to Dye Pumpkin Seeds for Sensory Play and Crafts
- Pumpkin Seed Name Craft
- Pumpkin Shape Sorter
- Pumpkin Volcano Science Experiment
- Pumpkin Paper Plate Craft
- Pumpkin Soup Activity
- Pumpkin Sticker Play for Toddlers
- Pumpkin Squish Bag for Babies & Toddlers
- Painting Pumpkins Art Activity
You can check out my tagged photos on Instagram to see other families following my unit studies, including my fabulous Pumpkin unit!
For tips on planning your homeschool preschool year, including curriculum recommendations, check out this article.
Join the Homeschooling Preschoolers Facebook Page! There are free resources available, and it’s the perfect way to connect with other families!
Pumpkin Bubbles Experiment
This experiment is as easy as it looks! Add some dish soap to the bottom of a hollowed out pumpkin, a dash of water, and provide your child with a straw!
Show them how to blow the bubbles, and let the fun begin! You should use this as an opportunity to explore freely and discuss the different sizes of the bubbles, and why they sometimes pop and sometimes don’t.
Just remind them not to suck in! My son did it twice by accident and sorely regretted the soapy flavor. All in all, this was one of his favorite activities from our unit study, which is hilarious considering it was one of the easiest to throw together.
If you liked this post, don’t forget to pin it for later: