Pumpkin Seed Name Craft for Preschoolers
This name recognition activity for toddlers is Autumn-themed, low-prep, and super fun! What more could you want?
The longer we do structured preschool at home, the more I find my rhythm. There are several activities that are staples around our house now, with name art being a huge one.
I remember the first time I saw a name craft, I thought it was the most unique idea in the world! Now I see that it’s something that everyone should try with their preschooler at least once, and what’s better is it’s customizable and forgiving. Use whatever you have! We’ve used natural materials from outside, like leaves and acorns!
The options are limitless! Pom-poms, buttons, rocks, cereal. Whatever you have! No matter what, it hits the same skills, like fine motor and name recognition.
So, when I was putting together our pumpkin theme this year, I knew I wanted to do a name craft with pumpkin seeds!
WHILE YOU’RE PLANNING YOUR PUMPKIN THEME:
- Check out my Pumpkin Unit here. (Use code PUMPKIN25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!
- Here are 25 Pumpkin Activities for your Preschooler’s Pumpkin theme!
- Here’s a list of Pumpkin Books for your Pumpkin Unit Study.
- Here are 25 Pumpkin Crafts for your Preschooler
- Here’s a list of 16 Fun & Delicious Pumpkin-Themed Snacks for your Kids
- Here are some fun Pumpkin Facts for Kids
- Learn how to Process Pumpkin Puree from a Pumpkin with your Kids
Pumpkin Activities & Crafts We’ve Done at the Moore Homestead:
- Anatomy of a Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Stamping Art
- Wash the Pumpkins Sensory Activity
- Pumpkin Patch Invitation to Play
- DIY Pumpkin Pie Moon Sand
- Pumpkin Suncatchers Craft
- Pumpkin Boats Activity
- Fluffy Pumpkin Slime
- Pumpkin Bubbles Science Experiment
- How to Dye Pumpkin Seeds for Sensory Play and Crafts
- Pumpkin Shape Sorter
- Pumpkin Volcano Science Experiment
- Pumpkin Paper Plate Craft
- Pumpkin Soup Activity
- Pumpkin Sticker Play for Toddlers
- Pumpkin Squish Bag for Babies & Toddlers
- Painting Pumpkins Art Activity
You can check out my tagged photos on Instagram to see other families following my unit studies, including my fabulous Pumpkin unit!
For tips on planning your homeschool preschool year, including curriculum recommendations, check out this article.
Join the Homeschooling Preschoolers Facebook Page! There are free resources available, and it’s the perfect way to connect with other families!
Pumpkin Seed Name Craft
Did you know that your child’s name very well may be the first word that they’re able to recognize? Interesting, huh?
The more we introduce them to it, the faster this should theoretically happen, right? But we can’t just throw them a crayon and ask them to trace their name every day. Many kids won’t be into that idea. Add some color and glue, and they’re usually all in.
This craft is as easy as it looks! Write your child’s name on a sheet of paper, and provide them with glue and dyed pumpkin seeds.
If you liked this post, don’t forget to pin it for later: