Want to carve a pumpkin that your toddler will actually enjoy? Give this pumpkin shape sorter a try!
My daughter is at that fun age this Halloween, where she’s no longer a baby, but not quite a toddler yet either. (At least, not by my standards).
She’s not stoked on pumpkins like my preschooler is, but she’s interested in exploring everything we’re doing. In other words, carving pumpkins – not her idea of a good time.
Playing with pumpkin guts and the “lids” of the jack-o-lanters – hours of fun.
And I’m not kidding when I say that girl played with pumpkin guts off and on all day on our big carving day! After so long, I realized I needed to just make her a quick special pumpkin, just for her.
WHILE YOU’RE PLANNING YOUR PUMPKIN THEME:
- Check out my Pumpkin Unit here. (Use code PUMPKIN25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!
- Here are 25 Pumpkin Activities for your Preschooler’s Pumpkin theme!
- Here’s a list of Pumpkin Books for your Pumpkin Unit Study.
- Here are 25 Pumpkin Crafts for your Preschooler
- Here’s a list of 16 Fun & Delicious Pumpkin-Themed Snacks for your Kids
- Here are some fun Pumpkin Facts for Kids
- Learn how to Process Pumpkin Puree from a Pumpkin with your Kids
Pumpkin Activities & Crafts We’ve Done at the Moore Homestead:
- Anatomy of a Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Stamping Art
- Wash the Pumpkins Sensory Activity
- Pumpkin Patch Invitation to Play
- DIY Pumpkin Pie Moon Sand
- Pumpkin Suncatchers Craft
- Pumpkin Boats Activity
- Fluffy Pumpkin Slime
- Pumpkin Bubbles Science Experiment
- How to Dye Pumpkin Seeds for Sensory Play and Crafts
- Pumpkin Seed Name Craft
- Pumpkin Volcano Science Experiment
- Pumpkin Paper Plate Craft
- Pumpkin Soup Activity
- Pumpkin Sticker Play for Toddlers
- Pumpkin Squish Bag for Babies & Toddlers
- Painting Pumpkins Art Activity
For tips on planning your homeschool preschool year, including curriculum recommendations, check out this article.
Join the Homeschooling Preschoolers Facebook Page! There are free resources available, and it’s the perfect way to connect with other families!
Pumpkin Shape Sorter for Toddlers
My daughter loved my funky shapes! Unfortunately, pumpkins don’t last terribly long after carving, so make sure you let your child get some good use out of it in those first few days!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to pin it for later: