Pumpkin Soup Activity
Bring the book “Pumpkin Soup” to life with your preschooler by making, well – Pumpkin soup! This dramatic play activity is sure to please.
Some links found on this site may be affiliate links, and as an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support! See sidebar for more information, or visit my Policies & Disclosures page.
Pumpkin Soup by Helen Cooper is an adorable book for kids, perfect for the Fall. I bought this cauldron this year and it’s been used far more than most of the other things I’ve bought for the school year. All manner of dramatic play is going down pretty much daily, featuring this plastic cauldron!
I knew these 2 things would be the perfect combo for our pumpkin unit!
WHILE YOU’RE PLANNING YOUR PUMPKIN THEME:
- Check out my Pumpkin Unit here. (Use code PUMPKIN25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!
- Here are 25 Pumpkin Activities for your Preschooler’s Pumpkin theme!
- Here’s a list of Pumpkin Books for your Pumpkin Unit Study.
- Here are 25 Pumpkin Crafts for your Preschooler
- Here’s a list of 16 Fun & Delicious Pumpkin-Themed Snacks for your Kids
- Here are some fun Pumpkin Facts for Kids
- Learn how to Process Pumpkin Puree from a Pumpkin with your Kids
Pumpkin Activities & Crafts We’ve Done at the Moore Homestead:
- Anatomy of a Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Stamping Art
- Wash the Pumpkins Sensory Activity
- Pumpkin Patch Invitation to Play
- DIY Pumpkin Pie Moon Sand
- Pumpkin Suncatchers Craft
- Pumpkin Boats Activity
- Fluffy Pumpkin Slime
- Pumpkin Bubbles Science Experiment
- How to Dye Pumpkin Seeds for Sensory Play and Crafts
- Pumpkin Seed Name Craft
- Pumpkin Shape Sorter
- Pumpkin Volcano Science Experiment
- Pumpkin Paper Plate Craft
- Pumpkin Sticker Play for Toddlers
- Pumpkin Squish Bag for Babies & Toddlers
- Painting Pumpkins Art Activity
You can check out my tagged photos on Instagram to see other families following my unit studies, including my fabulous Pumpkin unit!
For tips on planning your homeschool preschool year, including curriculum recommendations, check out this article.
Join the Homeschooling Preschoolers Facebook Page! There are free resources available, and it’s the perfect way to connect with other families!
Pumpkin Soup Activity – Bring the Book to Life!
This activity doesn’t need much explanation. Read the book together, and provide your child with the materials they need to make pumpkin soup after!
A wooden spoon, some small pumpkins, water, whatever you want!
As you can see below, my son has made all kinds of different “pumpkin soups” on different days with this set!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to pin it for later: