25 Rainbow Activities for Preschoolers
These rainbow activities for preschoolers make great additions to your rainbow theme! Most of them are hands-on, making them great for play-based curriculums, and general activities at home.
Are you putting together a rainbow homeschool theme for your preschooler, kindergartner, or first grader? These activities will make great additions to your unit study!
My darling baby (she’s in that fun age between a baby and a toddler) even jumped in on some of this hands-on play for our rainbow unit.
From rainbow science and STEM activities, to super fun sensory bins, here are my favorite rainbow activities for young kids. All of them provide the chance to talk about either how rainbows are formed, or the colors themselves, which makes a rainbow theme super versatile for larger families with kids ranging in ages.
WHILE YOU’RE PLANNING YOUR RAINBOW THEME:
- Check out my Rainbow Unit here. (Use code RAINBOW25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!
- Here are 25 Rainbow Crafts and Art Projects for Preschoolers
- Here’s a list of Rainbow Books for your Rainbow Unit Study.
- Here’s a list of 16 Fun & Delicious Rainbow Snacks for your Kids
- Here’s a list of Rainbow Recipes to Make with your Kids
Rainbow Activities & Crafts We’ve Done at the Moore Homestead:
- Puffy Sidewalk Paint
- DIY Rainbow Mobile
- Rainbow Playdough Kit Invitation to Play
- Pom-Pom Water Sensory Bin
- Easy Rainbow Suncatchers Craft
- Surprise Rainbow Art
- Color Mixing with Ice Cubes Science Activity
- Froot Loop Rainbow Activity
You can check out my tagged photos on Instagram to see other families following my unit studies, including my fabulous Rainbow unit!
For tips on planning your homeschool preschool year, including curriculum recommendations, check out this article.
Join the Homeschooling Preschoolers Facebook Page! There are free resources available, and it’s the perfect way to connect with other young homeschool families!
Rainbow Activities for Preschoolers
1. LEGO Rainbow
2. Grow a Rainbow Paper Towel Science Experiment
3. Froot Loop Rainbow Activity
4. Kindness Rainbow
5. Rainbow Oobleck Sensory Activity
6. Rainbow Handprint Wreath
7. Rainbow Toast
8. Sticky Wall Rainbow
9. Rainbow Sensory Rice
10. Color Mixing with Ice Cubes Activity
11. Rainbow Rice Writing Sensory Tray
12. Cosmic Colors Activity
13. DIY Galaxy Jar
14. Rainbow Name Tracing Activity
15. Pom Pom Water Sensory Bin
16. Rainbow Pouring Station
17. Rainbow Slime
18. Rainbow Sensory Chick Peas
19. Liquid Rainbow Science Experiment
20. Rainbow Playdough Invitation to Play
21. Rainbow Baking Soda Science Experiment
22. Rainbow Sensory Oats
23. Rainbow Kinetic Sand Activity
24. Rainbow Surprise Art Activity