This snowman printable name recognition activity is perfect for homeschool preschoolers. Download the free Winter printable below.
This year my son is 4, and enjoys tracing and coloring, but really doesn’t have the dexterity for writing quite yet. He gets easily frustrated when his tracing doesn’t come out straight, and he’s not capable of holding the pencil the right way.
However, the alphabet is one of his favorite things in the world. No joke! Ever since he was 2, he’s been obsessed with the letters of the alphabet. It’s almost like he regards them as friends, thanks in part to the educational shows we watch, and the book Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.
Because of this, we incorporate a lot of letter recognition and literacy activities. We’ve done name recognition clip cards, dot marker tracing, rocket name building, scratch and sniff name writing, pumpkin seed name crafts, and many more.
These activities are perfect for pre-writers, because it involves them in the process of spelling their name without the frustration that often comes with trying to write before they’re ready.
While You’re Planning Your Winter Theme:
- Check out my Winter Unit here. (Use code WINTER25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!)
- Here’s a list of the best Winter books for toddlers and preschoolers
- Here’s a list of fun Winter activities for preschoolers
- Here are some creative and engaging Winter crafts for preschoolers
- Here’s a list of fun and delicious Winter snacks for kids
- Here’s a fun Hot Chocolate song for preschoolers
Homeschool Preschool Winter Crafts & Activities We’ve Done:
- Snowstorm in a Jar Science Experiment
- Snowman Playdough Tray
- Hot Chocolate Sensory Bin
- Shaving Cream Sensory Writing
- Snowman Paper Plate Wreath Craft
- Easy Pretend Snow Sensory Bin with Baking Soda and Conditioner
- Salt Crystal Snowflakes
- Cotton Ball Snowman Craft
- Torn Paper Snowflake Craft
- Thumbprint Cookies
Check out my Winter Printables for Preschoolers:
- Snowman Counting Printable
- Winter Flashcards for Preschoolers
- Gingerbread Man Lacing
- Penguin Alphabet Hat Matching Printable
- Anatomy of a Snowflake Worksheet
- Winter Pre-K Workbook
- Winter Dot Marker Pack
- Winter Coloring Book
- Printable Winter Wonderland Puppets for Preschoolers
- Winter I-Spy Busy Bag
- Hot Cocoa Marshmallow Counting Activity
- Winter Hat Craft
- Hot Cocoa Stand Dramatic Play Station
- Snowflake Nature Study
- Polar Bear Mini Unit
Winter Activities and Printables for Toddlers:
- Penguin Hat Match (Color Recognition) Printable
- Fill a Snowman Activity
- Paint the Snow
- Dot Sticker Snowflake
- Winter I-Spy Worksheet
- Snowflake Painting
- Decorate the Christmas Tree Printable
- Snowflake Matching
- Cotton Ball Snow Activity Bin
Snowman Name Building Activity
For this activity, cut out the free printable and write the letters of your child’s name on the circles. Show them how to build their name to make a snowman, and voila!
This can be reused throughout a Winter study (which is what we did), or hung up on the wall for viewing. Either way, go over the letters of your child’s name for a week or 2 and watch the difference in their confidence. Soon they’ll be able to tell you how to spell it off the top of their head.
If you liked this post, don’t forget to pin it for later: