Snowman Playdough Tray | Winter Invitation to Play for Preschoolers
This snowman playdough tray is a fun Winter activity for preschoolers that encourages artistic expression and open exploration. Have fun building a snowman with your kids, even if there isn’t any real snow.
Who doesn’t love a good invitation to play tray? They’re one of my favorite creative activities to add to our lesson plan each unit study. I wish I could say we do them every week, but it’s usually just twice a month. The rest of the time I fill in with open playdough time, which, anyone with multiple small children will tell you is hard enough as it is.
I keep things pretty controlled and structured, and even then, we sometimes have dried out containers and messes. As long as they have fun, that’s all that matters. We might as well accept that we just need to have a playdough budget for each month when our kids are staying home with us.
I love making our own batches of homemade playdough, and this snowman playdough tray would be a great fit for DIY playdough, since you don’t need to color the dough at all.
While You’re Planning Your Winter Theme:
- Check out my Winter Unit here. (Use code WINTER25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!)
- Here’s a list of the best Winter books for toddlers and preschoolers
- Here’s a list of fun Winter activities for preschoolers
- Here are some creative and engaging Winter crafts for preschoolers
- Here’s a list of fun and delicious Winter snacks for kids
- Here’s a fun Hot Chocolate song for preschoolers
Homeschool Preschool Winter Crafts & Activities We’ve Done:
- Snowstorm in a Jar Science Experiment
- Hot Chocolate Sensory Bin
- Shaving Cream Sensory Writing
- Snowman Paper Plate Wreath Craft
- Easy Pretend Snow Sensory Bin with Baking Soda and Conditioner
- Salt Crystal Snowflakes
- Cotton Ball Snowman Craft
- Torn Paper Snowflake Craft
- Thumbprint Cookies
Check out my Winter Printables for Preschoolers:
- Snowman Counting Printable
- Winter Flashcards for Preschoolers
- Gingerbread Man Lacing
- Penguin Alphabet Hat Matching Printable
- Anatomy of a Snowflake Worksheet
- Winter Pre-K Workbook
- Winter Dot Marker Pack
- Winter Coloring Book
- Printable Winter Wonderland Puppets for Preschoolers
- Winter I-Spy Busy Bag
- Hot Cocoa Marshmallow Counting Activity
- Winter Hat Craft
- Hot Cocoa Stand Dramatic Play Station
- Snowflake Nature Study
- Polar Bear Mini Unit
- Name Snowman Building Name Recognition Activity
Winter Activities and Printables for Toddlers:
- Penguin Hat Match (Color Recognition) Printable
- Fill a Snowman Activity
- Paint the Snow
- Dot Sticker Snowflake
- Winter I-Spy Worksheet
- Snowflake Painting
- Decorate the Christmas Tree Printable
- Snowflake Matching
- Cotton Ball Snow Activity Bin
Snowman Playdough Tray
For this tray, I made a little snowman and presented it to my son, who promptly tore him apart, ate the marshmallows, and incessantly nagged me to make a new snowman. Ah, the joys of parenting.
I included dry spaghetti noodle pieces for the “carrot” nose, black beans, marshmallows, buttons, googly eyes, glass gems, small twigs, and white playdough.
Everything your child needs to make a snowman!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to pin it for later: