These space facts will blow your child’s mind! They’re perfect for any homeschool space theme, and I even have printable planet fact flashcards available for download to add to your space unit study.
WHILE YOU’RE PLANNING YOUR SPACE THEME:
- Check out my Space Unit here. (Use code SPACE25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!
- Here are 25 Space Activities for your Preschooler’s Space theme!
- Here’s a list of Space Books for Toddlers & Preschoolers
- Here are 25 Space Crafts for your Preschooler
- Here’s a list of 16 Fun & Delicious Space-Themed Snacks for your Kids
- Solar System in Motion Song for Preschoolers
Space Activities & Crafts We’ve Done at the Moore Homestead:
- Planet Suncatchers
- Planet Puppets Printable
- Fizzing Planets
- Moon Rock Exploration (with Printable Worksheet)
- Asteroid Toss Activity for Toddlers & Preschoolers
- I-Spy Space Busy Bag (with Printable)
- Rocket Name Building Activity
- Edible Constellations Activity
- Space Playdough Invitation to Play
- Space Sensory Bin
- Solar System Match Worksheet Set
- Paper Plate Planets Craft
- What Makes Night Science Exploration
- Moon Observation Journal Astronomy Study for Kids
- Telescope Craft for Preschoolers
- Moon Phases Oreo Worksheet for Preschoolers
- Smash the Moon Rocks Activity
- Space Coloring Book for Preschoolers
- Astronaut Dramatic Play Station (+ Printable Bundle)
For tips on planning your homeschool preschool year, including curriculum recommendations, check out this article.
Join the Homeschooling Preschoolers Facebook Page! There are free resources available, and it’s the perfect way to connect with other families!
Fun Space Facts for Kids
- Space is silent, because there is no atmosphere.
- Mercury is the closest planet to the sun, but Venus is the hottest planet.
- The sun is over 300,000 times bigger than Earth.
- There is no wind on the moon, so it’s said the footprints humans left on it will last for millions of years.
- The gravity from the sun and moon create the ocean’s waves.
- Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune are “gas giants.” You would not be able to walk on them, because they’re made up almost entirely of gases.
Planet Facts for Kids + Printable Fact Cards
Mercury Facts for Kids
- Mercury is the smallest planet.
- A year on Mercury takes 88 Earth days.
- Mercury does not have any moons or rings.
Venus Facts for Kids
- Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.
- It is the hottest planet in our solar system.
- Venus is about the same size as Earth.
Earth Facts for Kids
- 70% of Earth’s surface is water.
- Earth is the only planet with organic life.
- It takes 24 hours for the Earth to rotate around the sun.
Mars Facts for Kids
- The tallest mountain in our entire solar system is on Mars.
- Mars has the largest dust storms in the solar system.
- Sunsets on Mars are blue, and the daytime is pink/red.
Jupiter Facts for Kids
- Jupiter has 67 moons.
- Jupiter is the biggest planet.
- It is the fastest spinning planet in our solar system.
- Jupiter has the shortest days out of any other planet.
Saturn Facts for Kids
- Saturn is the furthest planet that can be seen with the naked eye.
- It has 82 moons.
- Saturn is the flattest planet, and has oval-shaped storms.
Uranus Facts for Kids
- Uranus hits the coldest temperatures of any planet.
- It was discovered in 1781 by Sir William Herschell.
- One “season” on uranus would last 42 Earth years.
Neptune Facts for Kids
- Neptune has the strongest winds in the solar system.
- Neptune is the furthest planet from the sun.
- It is named after the Roman God of the sea.
If you liked this post, don’t forget to pin it for later: