These bird feeders are made out of 4 simple things: toilet paper rolls, peanut butter, bird seed, and yarn! Your preschooler will love rolling them in the birdseed and watching the birds come for a fun snack.
For our animal habitat unit, I knew we needed to touch on birds. We didn’t have time to dive all the way in, but seeing birds up close and personal seemed to be the best way to teach my kids about them.
And, what better way to draw them in than with a special treat!
This hands-on activity is practical, makes use of toilet paper rolls that would otherwise be thrown away or stored in our closet for the next 2 years, and develops fine motor and language skills!
Your preschooler is sure to love it!
WHILE YOU’RE PLANNING YOUR ANIMAL HABITATS THEME:
- Check out my Animal Habitats Unit here. (Use code HABITAT25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!
- Here are 25 Animal Activities for your Preschooler’s Habitat theme!
- Here’s a list of Animal Books for your Animal Habitat Unit Study.
- Here are 25 Animal Habitat Crafts for your Preschooler
- Here’s a list of 16 Fun & Delicious Animal-Themed Snacks for your Kids
Animal Habitat Activities & Crafts We’ve Done at the Moore Homestead:
- How to Make a Paper Bag Nest
- Make a Bear Cave Craft
- How to Make a Rainforest Terrarium with Kids
- Animal Habitat Invitation to Play
- Paper Plate Lion Craft
- Owl Paper Bag Puppet Craft for Kids
- Desert Sensory Bin
- Arctic Sensory Bin
- Forest Sensory Bin
- Ocean Sensory Bin
Animal Habitat Facts for your Preschooler:
For tips on planning your homeschool preschool year, including curriculum recommendations, check out this article.
Join the Homeschooling Preschoolers Facebook Page! There are free resources available, and it’s the perfect way to connect with other families!
Toilet Paper Roll Bird Feeders
To make your toilet paper roll bird feeder, simply pour some birdseed out on a plate, and use a popsicle stick or spoon to smear peanut butter on the outside of the toilet paper roll. Roll it in the plate of birdseed, and tie a string through the middle to hang on a tree!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to pin it for later: