This simple, low-prep activity is perfect for your apple preschool theme at home.
What better way to kick off your apple unit study than by having your preschooler wash off the apples they’ll be using throughout the next 2 weeks! It’s simple and shouldn’t cost you a penny if you’re already buying apples for your apple theme.
All you need to do is fill up a big plastic tub with soapy water, give your child some scrub brushes or sponges, and let them wash and dry the apples one by one!
While you’re planning your Apple theme:
- Check out my Apple Unit here. (Use code APPLE25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!
- Here are 25 Apple Activities for your Preschooler’s Apple theme!
- Here are 25 Apple Crafts and Art Projects for Preschoolers
- Here’s a list of 16 super cute Apple-Themed Snacks for your Preschooler.
- Here’s a list of Apple Books for your Apple Unit Study.
- Here are some Apple Recipes to make with/for your kids.
Other Apple Activities We’ve Done at the Moore Homestead:
- Anatomy of an Apple
- DIY Apple Pie Moon Sand
- Apple Play Dough Invitation to Play
- Paper Plate Apple Craft (Cut, Tear, & Glue)
Wash the Apples Activity
This activity has been a hit with all of my program members, and it’s surprising how much there is for your child to explore! You can discuss why the apples float, ask them to separate the apples by color, count them, the list goes on.