Winter I-Spy Busy Bag for Preschoolers
This Winter printable makes for a perfect addition to your toddler or preschooler’s homeschool Winter unit study. Simply print the festive characters and clothes out, laminate, and add to a busy bag with hair gel. Use the accompanying worksheet to check off each item as your preschooler finds them.
The Space I-Spy Busy Bag was such a hit with our preschool program members, that I added it to the shop for free and watched it continue to inspire my readers. It was such a joy, and so widely requested that I decided to continue adding this style of activity/printable to our future preschool units.
This Winter I-Spy Busy Bag is just as adorable, and makes for weeks of fun during the Winter season. It can also be found in my shop, though this version is not free.
While You’re Planning Your Winter Theme:
- Check out my Winter Unit here. (Use code WINTER25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!)
- Here’s a list of the best Winter books for toddlers and preschoolers
- Here’s a list of fun Winter activities for preschoolers
- Here are some creative and engaging Winter crafts for preschoolers
- Here’s a list of fun and delicious Winter snacks for kids
- Here’s a fun Hot Chocolate song for preschoolers
Homeschool Preschool Winter Crafts & Activities We’ve Done:
- Snowstorm in a Jar Science Experiment
- Snowman Playdough Tray
- Hot Chocolate Sensory Bin
- Shaving Cream Sensory Writing
- Snowman Paper Plate Wreath Craft
- Easy Pretend Snow Sensory Bin with Baking Soda and Conditioner
- Salt Crystal Snowflakes
- Cotton Ball Snowman Craft
- Torn Paper Snowflake Craft
- Thumbprint Cookies
Check out my Winter Printables for Preschoolers:
- Snowman Counting Printable
- Winter Flashcards for Preschoolers
- Gingerbread Man Lacing
- Penguin Alphabet Hat Matching Printable
- Anatomy of a Snowflake Worksheet
- Winter Pre-K Workbook
- Winter Dot Marker Pack
- Winter Coloring Book
- Printable Winter Wonderland Puppets for Preschoolers
- Hot Cocoa Marshmallow Counting Activity
- Winter Hat Craft
- Hot Cocoa Stand Dramatic Play Station
- Snowflake Nature Study
- Polar Bear Mini Unit
- Name Snowman Building Name Recognition Activity
Winter Activities and Printables for Toddlers:
- Penguin Hat Match (Color Recognition) Printable
- Fill a Snowman Activity
- Paint the Snow
- Dot Sticker Snowflake
- Winter I-Spy Worksheet
- Snowflake Painting
- Decorate the Christmas Tree Printable
- Snowflake Matching
- Cotton Ball Snow Activity Bin
Winter Busy Bag for Preschoolers
Grab your Winter I-Spy Busy Bag
Here’s How to Make your Busy Bag:
1. Print out the worksheet set.
2. Cut out the characters and objects, and THEN laminate. This helps it seal around the edges so the gel doesn’t seep in and destroy the cutouts immediately. You can also laminate the checklist worksheet so your child can reuse it and find the objects over and over again.
3. To a gallon ziploc bag, add clear hair gel, blue food coloring, and glitter. Close the bag and mix the contents well.
4. Add the cutouts to the bag and close tightly.
As your child squishes the gel around in the bag, they’ll find different cutouts! It’s pretty adorable to watch. My son usually designates me as the “check-maker” for the checklist printable, and he excitedly tells me which objects he’s found.
This helps him build language skills, fine motor development, letter recognition, and more – all while playing with a sensory activity!
Grab your Winter I-Spy Busy Bag
If you liked this post, don’t forget to pin it for later: