These baked chicken legs are affordable, fast and easy, and make for the ultimate weeknight family dinner on a budget. You can tweak the seasonings to match your family’s preferences, and they will come out crispy and delicious every time.
- 8–12 Chicken Legs
- 2 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Onion Powder
- 2 tsp Creole Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Line a baking sheet with foil
- Add drumsticks to the baking sheet, along with all seasonings and olive oil.
- Toss the drumsticks to coat them evenly with the seasonings and oil.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F, and there is a nice brown crisp to the skin.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes, and serve with sides of your choice.
- There is no need to cover your chicken legs with foil while baking. You want them to roast, not steam.
- 425-450°F is the ideal oven temperature for baking chicken drumsticks.
- Some other delicious flavor ideas include lemon pepper, barbecue sauce, soy sauce marinade, spicy Korean marinade, and garlic butter.
- I often serve my baked chicken legs with other easy sides, making for the ultimate weeknight dinner combination. My favorites include canned green beans or frozen corn on the cob, along with roasted potatoes that I cook alongside the chicken on another pan, or with leftover rice or pasta.
- Category: Meat
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Dinner
Keywords: chicken legs, drumsticks, chicken, meat, easy dinner, fast dinner, easy dinner ideas, fast dinner ideas, dinner ideas, low prep dinner ideas, weeknight dinners