Laminate Fall leaves this year to preserve them and let your child play and craft with them during their Autumn unit study! It makes them more durable, and they’re easy to make.
Some links found on this site may be affiliate links, and as an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support! See sidebar for more information, or visit my Policies & Disclosures page.
Look, I’ve been wanting to try preserving Fall leaves, but the last 3 years of my life have been… hectic. I wouldn’t have it any other way! But when it comes down to it, I wanted to focus my Autumn efforts on things my kids can enjoy.
There are wax leaves using beeswax and paraffin wax. You can press leaves in heavy books. You can even use some wax paper and an iron to preserve Autumn leaves.
But – none of those were particularly kid-friendly. They also weren’t going to actually hold up for very many play sessions.
It was for those reasons that I decided to run some Fall leaves through our laminator this year. It’s not very eco-friendly and hippie of me, but it was fun, and my kids enjoyed it.
This is the laminator I have, and it’s never disappointed! It’s affordable and has lasted for years. Using some laminator pouches, I pressed some beautiful Autumn leaves, cut them out, and put them in our Autumn open station for the duration of our unit study. My kids played all kinds of games with them, from “Leaf Soup,” to matching games, and more!
WHILE YOU’RE PLANNING YOUR AUTUMN THEME:
- Check out my Autumn Unit here. (Use code AUTUMN25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!
- Here are 25 Autumn Activities for your Preschooler’s Autumn theme!
- Here’s a list of Autumn Books for your Autumn Unit Study.
- Here are 25 Autumn Crafts for your Preschooler
- Here’s a list of 16 Fun & Delicious Autumn-Themed Snacks for your Kids
- Here are some fun Autumn Facts for Kids
- The Leaves of the Trees Autumn Song for Preschoolers
Autumn Activities & Crafts We’ve Done at the Moore Homestead:
- Fall Leaves Painted Toast
- Fall Sensory Bin for Preschoolers
- Autumn Tree Cotton Ball Painting Craft
- Fall Paper Plate Wreath Craft
- Fall Button Tree Invitation to Play
- Painted Leaf Imprint Art
- Leaf Faces Craft for Kids
- Salt Crystal Leaves Science Experiment for Preschoolers
- Leaf Cutting Bin for Preschoolers
- Fizzing Pumpkins Activity for Preschoolers
- Fall Leaf Suncatchers Craft
- Sensory Fall Leaf Painting for Toddlers
- Fall Process Art
- Fingerprint Fall Leaf Craft (with FREE printable)
- Fall Leaf Lacing Activity (with FREE printable)
For tips on planning your homeschool preschool year, including curriculum recommendations, check out this article.
Join the Homeschooling Preschoolers Facebook Page! There are free resources available, and it’s the perfect way to connect with other families!
Laminated Autumn Leaves for Crafting and Play
If you liked this post, don’t forget to pin it for later: