These printable puppets are perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, and kids learning about space! They made a great addition to our space homeschool unit study, and my kids learned a ton about the planets of our solar system with this fun craft.
When my son becomes interested in a new topic or skill, he goes all in. When he was 2, he memorized the alphabet in an insanely short amount of time, which isn’t particularly abnormal by any means. 2 is a great time to work on letter recognition!
It’s the way he went about it that blows my mind. He’ll show very little interest, then pick up a skill or topic, and run with it until he’s completely mastered it.
The letters of the alphabet weren’t just something vital to learn so he could eventually learn how to read. They were like his friends. They took on a life of their own, and he learned through play and silliness, with very little help on my part.
I’ve watched the very same thing unfold throughout our Space homeschool unit as well. It’s exciting, and it was just what our family needed. We were inching closer and closer to burnout, and as much fun as he’s had lately, this unit has taken the cake this year.
Enter: my Planet Puppets.
He had such a blast with our five senses puppets, I threw together these puppets the night before our unit change. I knew he would enjoy them, but my goodness, I was not expecting them to take on a life of their own.
WHILE YOU’RE PLANNING YOUR SPACE THEME:
- Check out my Space Unit here. (Use code SPACE25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!
- Here are 25 Space Activities for your Preschooler’s Space theme!
- Here’s a list of Space Books for Toddlers & Preschoolers
- Here are 25 Space Crafts for your Preschooler
- Here’s a list of 16 Fun & Delicious Space-Themed Snacks for your Kids
- Here are some fun Space Facts for Kids
- Solar System in Motion Song for Preschoolers
Space Activities & Crafts We’ve Done at the Moore Homestead:
- Planet Suncatchers
- Fizzing Planets
- Moon Rock Exploration (with Printable Worksheet)
- Asteroid Toss Activity for Toddlers & Preschoolers
- I-Spy Space Busy Bag (with Printable)
- Rocket Name Building Activity
- Edible Constellations Activity
- Space Playdough Invitation to Play
- Space Sensory Bin
- Solar System Match Worksheet Set
- Paper Plate Planets Craft
- What Makes Night Science Exploration
- Moon Observation Journal Astronomy Study for Kids
- Telescope Craft for Preschoolers
- Moon Phases Oreo Worksheet for Preschoolers
- Smash the Moon Rocks Activity
- Space Coloring Book for Preschoolers
- Astronaut Dramatic Play Station (+ Printable Bundle)
Planet Puppets Printable for Kids
These puppets became his friends all month long, and I couldn’t be prouder! I gave a ton of copies out on Instagram weeks before releasing them as a freebie in my shop, and the response was overwhelmingly positive! I truly hope your kids love them as much as mine did.
I highly recommend printing them on cardstock, but laminating them after coloring them works as well.
Grab your Planet Puppets for FREE below:
If you liked this post, don’t forget to pin it for later: