This pumpkin guts sensory bag is a mess-free way to let your baby or toddler explore and play with pumpkin guts and seeds.
After our big pumpkin carving and processing day, I stored a ton of pumpkin guts in the fridge for my toddler to continue playing with for several days.
She was involved in the entire process, so she got her fair share of pumpkin sensory exploration without limitations. She was elbows deep in pumpkin guts all season! But, there are times where sensory bags come in handy, and it’s a great way to reuse the same guts before throwing them out to the chickens.
Putting the pumpkin guts and seeds into a gallon ziploc bag creates an easy, mess-free sensory activity for your little one! Maybe they still put everything in their mouth, so the bag is safer, or maybe you just want them to explore quietly while you finish dinner one night. Either way, this squish bag is the way to go!
WHILE YOU’RE PLANNING YOUR PUMPKIN THEME:
- Check out my Pumpkin Unit here. (Use code PUMPKIN25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!
- Here are 25 Pumpkin Activities for your Preschooler’s Pumpkin theme!
- Here’s a list of Pumpkin Books for your Pumpkin Unit Study.
- Here are 25 Pumpkin Crafts for your Preschooler
- Here’s a list of 16 Fun & Delicious Pumpkin-Themed Snacks for your Kids
- Here are some fun Pumpkin Facts for Kids
- Learn how to Process Pumpkin Puree from a Pumpkin with your Kids
Pumpkin Activities & Crafts We’ve Done at the Moore Homestead:
- Anatomy of a Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Stamping Art
- Wash the Pumpkins Sensory Activity
- Pumpkin Patch Invitation to Play
- DIY Pumpkin Pie Moon Sand
- Pumpkin Suncatchers Craft
- Pumpkin Boats Activity
- Fluffy Pumpkin Slime
- Pumpkin Bubbles Science Experiment
- How to Dye Pumpkin Seeds for Sensory Play and Crafts
- Pumpkin Seed Name Craft
- Pumpkin Shape Sorter
- Pumpkin Volcano Science Experiment
- Pumpkin Paper Plate Craft
- Pumpkin Soup Activity
- Pumpkin Sticker Play for Toddlers
- Painting Pumpkins Art Activity
For tips on planning your homeschool preschool year, including curriculum recommendations, check out this article.
Join the Homeschooling Preschoolers Facebook Page! There are free resources available, and it’s the perfect way to connect with other families!
Pumpkin Guts Sensory Bag
If you liked this post, don’t forget to pin it for later: