Looking for fun Fall sensory activities? Look no further than this Fall sensory bin! It’s perfect for toddlers and preschoolers, and super easy to put together.
Some links found on this site may be affiliate links, and as an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support! See sidebar for more information, or visit my Policies & Disclosures page.
We’ve all saved our fair share of Autumn sensory bins on Pinterest. There are hundreds of versions floating around out there on the internet. It’s enough to make your head spin!
Acorns, corn kernals, orange dyed rice, and more! While those aren’t hard to put together by any means, you can’t beat mine!
I ordered these fake leaves on Amazon to use for crafts this year, and threw them together in our open exploration basket on the table for our Autumn unit study.
I didn’t want to do something that my toddler could choke on like corn kernals, so the leaves were perfect. That way I could leave them out for the entirety of the unit without worrying. I added the acorns and sticks in for the structured sensory bin play. It worked out wonderfully!
WHILE YOU’RE PLANNING YOUR AUTUMN THEME:
- Check out my Autumn Unit here. (Use code AUTUMN25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!
- Here are 25 Autumn Activities for your Preschooler’s Autumn theme!
- Here’s a list of Autumn Books for your Autumn Unit Study.
- Here are 25 Autumn Crafts for your Preschooler
- Here’s a list of 16 Fun & Delicious Autumn-Themed Snacks for your Kids
- Here are some fun Autumn Facts for Kids
- The Leaves of the Trees Autumn Song for Preschoolers
Autumn Activities & Crafts We’ve Done at the Moore Homestead:
- Laminated Leaves Craft for Kids
- Fall Leaves Painted Toast
- Autumn Tree Cotton Ball Painting Craft
- Fall Paper Plate Wreath Craft
- Fall Button Tree Invitation to Play
- Painted Leaf Imprint Art
- Leaf Faces Craft for Kids
- Salt Crystal Leaves Science Experiment for Preschoolers
- Leaf Cutting Bin for Preschoolers
- Fizzing Pumpkins Activity for Preschoolers
- Fall Leaf Suncatchers Craft
- Sensory Fall Leaf Painting for Toddlers
- Fall Process Art
- Fingerprint Fall Leaf Craft (with FREE printable)
- Fall Leaf Lacing Activity (with FREE printable)
For tips on planning your homeschool preschool year, including curriculum recommendations, check out this article.
Join the Homeschooling Preschoolers Facebook Page! There are free resources available, and it’s the perfect way to connect with other families!
Fall Sensory Bin
My son pretended to make leaf soup throughout the week! He threw them up in the air and raked them up a few dozen times. He even separated and sorted them by color. He did what all 3-year-olds do: learned naturally through play. Kids are magical!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to pin it for later: