This leaf people craft is perfect for the Fall! What better way to use some of the leaves that have fallen in your yard, and get your child’s imagination going?
I originally intended to make these little leaf people with my son, as a craft we complete as a family! However, as always, I try to make one or 2 on my own before presenting them to him, to save ourselves some tears and frustration.
You see, he likes to copy what I’m doing in the moment. Gluing, drawing, whatever it is, he wants to do it too! So, when there’s only one black marker, or one glue stick out, he gets extremely upset. To add onto that, he gets frustrated when his version doesn’t look exactly like mine, so he asks for help with every step while struggling with wanting to do it on his own as well.
It’s… not super fun, I’m not going to lie. But, it’s part of being 3!
Anyway, my workaround for these big feelings, is to finish my craft, show it to him, and aid him in recreating his own should he ask for any help!
This time, I presented my adorable little leaf people to my son, he squealed, scooped them up in his tiny arms, and ran off to play with them gleefully.
At no point during our Autumn unit study did he decide he wants to make his own, no matter how I presented the idea. He just wanted to play with the ones I had made!
I recommend trying to make these together with your preschooler or child, but if all else fails, they certainly make for a fun Autumn toy!
WHILE YOU’RE PLANNING YOUR AUTUMN THEME:
- Check out my Autumn Unit here. (Use code AUTUMN25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!
- Here are 25 Autumn Activities for your Preschooler’s Autumn theme!
- Here’s a list of Autumn Books for your Autumn Unit Study.
- Here are 25 Autumn Crafts for your Preschooler
- Here’s a list of 16 Fun & Delicious Autumn-Themed Snacks for your Kids
- Here are some fun Autumn Facts for Kids
- The Leaves of the Trees Autumn Song for Preschoolers
Autumn Activities & Crafts We’ve Done at the Moore Homestead:
- Laminated Leaves Craft for Kids
- Fall Leaves Painted Toast
- Fall Sensory Bin for Preschoolers
- Autumn Tree Cotton Ball Painting Craft
- Fall Paper Plate Wreath Craft
- Fall Button Tree Invitation to Play
- Painted Leaf Imprint Art
- Salt Crystal Leaves Science Experiment for Preschoolers
- Leaf Cutting Bin for Preschoolers
- Fizzing Pumpkins Activity for Preschoolers
- Fall Leaf Suncatchers Craft
- Sensory Fall Leaf Painting for Toddlers
- Fall Process Art
- Fingerprint Fall Leaf Craft (with FREE printable)
- Fall Leaf Lacing Activity (with FREE printable)
For tips on planning your homeschool preschool year, including curriculum recommendations, check out this article.
Join the Homeschooling Preschoolers Facebook Page! There are free resources available, and it’s the perfect way to connect with other families!
Leaf People Autumn Craft for Kids
If you liked this post, don’t forget to pin it for later: