This pumpkin patch invitation to play is great for kids of all ages. Even better, you can use whatever you have and it’ll spark creativity and get their little hands moving.
Like all the best invitation to plays, presentation is everything! The activity should look inviting, exciting, and fun.
Most of the ones we make for our homeschool unit studies include playdough, and random bits and bobs from around the house. For our pumpkin patch invitation to play, I chose the following:
- Googly eyes
- Black beans
- Small twigs
- Various buttons
- Green pipe cleaners curled up like “vines”
- Clear glass gems
- Toy fencing from a safari play set we have
Originally I was just going to present my son with the materials to make his own playdough jack-o-lantern, but I was inspired when I spotted the small fencing from a play set in our closet.
A-ha! A pumpkin patch!
From there I added some brown playdough as well, for the muddy ground, a rolling pin for him to roll it out, and I put together a quick little pumpkin to inspire him.
WHILE YOU’RE PLANNING YOUR PUMPKIN THEME:
- Check out my Pumpkin Unit here. (Use code PUMPKIN25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!
- Here are 25 Pumpkin Activities for your Preschooler’s Pumpkin theme!
- Here’s a list of Pumpkin Books for your Pumpkin Unit Study.
- Here are 25 Pumpkin Crafts for your Preschooler
- Here’s a list of 16 Fun & Delicious Pumpkin-Themed Snacks for your Kids
- Here are some fun Pumpkin Facts for Kids
- Learn how to Process Pumpkin Puree from a Pumpkin with your Kids
Pumpkin Activities & Crafts We’ve Done at the Moore Homestead:
- Anatomy of a Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Stamping Art
- Wash the Pumpkins Sensory Activity
- DIY Pumpkin Pie Moon Sand
- Pumpkin Suncatchers Craft
- Pumpkin Boats Activity
- Fluffy Pumpkin Slime
- Pumpkin Bubbles Science Experiment
- How to Dye Pumpkin Seeds for Sensory Play and Crafts
- Pumpkin Seed Name Craft
- Pumpkin Shape Sorter
- Pumpkin Volcano Science Experiment
- Pumpkin Paper Plate Craft
- Pumpkin Soup Activity
- Pumpkin Sticker Play for Toddlers
- Pumpkin Squish Bag for Babies & Toddlers
- Painting Pumpkins Art Activity
For tips on planning your homeschool preschool year, including curriculum recommendations, check out this article.
Join the Homeschooling Preschoolers Facebook Page! There are free resources available, and it’s the perfect way to connect with other families!
Pumpkin Patch Invitation to Play
If you liked this post, don’t forget to pin it for later: