This pumpkin suncatchers craft is a great art project for your pumpkin theme for both toddlers and preschoolers. The tissue paper makes a beautiful stained glass effect that your children will love!
Some links found on this site may be affiliate links, and as an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support! See sidebar for more information, or visit my Policies & Disclosures page.
We’ve made all kinds of different suncatchers at our homeschool, from fast and easy watercolor on coffee filters, to more complicated ones like this pumpkin suncatcher.
My kids love it all, but I will say, there’s something special about the contact paper and tissue paper ones.
They’re definitely my toddler’s favorite kind, because the contact paper makes an easy sticky surface for her to transfer ripped pieces of tissue paper to.
If you don’t have contact paper, you need to order some right now! I have this roll, and it lasts us a long time.
WHILE YOU’RE PLANNING YOUR PUMPKIN THEME:
- Check out my Pumpkin Unit here. (Use code PUMPKIN25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!
- Here are 25 Pumpkin Activities for your Preschooler’s Pumpkin theme!
- Here’s a list of Pumpkin Books for your Pumpkin Unit Study.
- Here are 25 Pumpkin Crafts for your Preschooler
- Here’s a list of 16 Fun & Delicious Pumpkin-Themed Snacks for your Kids
- Here are some fun Pumpkin Facts for Kids
- Learn how to Process Pumpkin Puree from a Pumpkin with your Kids
Pumpkin Activities & Crafts We’ve Done at the Moore Homestead:
- Anatomy of a Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Stamping Art
- Wash the Pumpkins Sensory Activity
- Pumpkin Patch Invitation to Play
- DIY Pumpkin Pie Moon Sand
- Pumpkin Boats Activity
- Fluffy Pumpkin Slime
- Pumpkin Bubbles Science Experiment
- How to Dye Pumpkin Seeds for Sensory Play and Crafts
- Pumpkin Seed Name Craft
- Pumpkin Shape Sorter
- Pumpkin Volcano Science Experiment
- Pumpkin Paper Plate Craft
- Pumpkin Soup Activity
- Pumpkin Sticker Play for Toddlers
- Pumpkin Squish Bag for Babies & Toddlers
- Painting Pumpkins Art Activity
For tips on planning your homeschool preschool year, including curriculum recommendations, check out this article.
Join the Homeschooling Preschoolers Facebook Page! There are free resources available, and it’s the perfect way to connect with other families!
Pumpkin Suncatchers Craft
I recommend prepping this all before your kids know what you’re up to, because it can be a bit tedious. It’s easy to get the contact paper stuck on itself, even for an adult.
For this craft, I started by cutting out a simple pumpkin shape with an open middle. Then I cut out the contact paper, stuck the pumpkin to it, and cut the contact paper out along the edges.
Then I shredded the tissue paper and presented the pumpkins and scraps to my kids with the sticky side facing up.
From there, they can add the tissue paper to the contact paper for a beautiful suncatcher.
You can add a curled green pipe cleaner by the stem for a vine, and hang them up in your windows for something beautiful to admire throughout your pumpkin theme!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to pin it for later: