This rocket name building activity is perfect for any preschooler learning about outer space, and incorporates name recognition, letter recognition, color recognition, artistic expression, and more!
Name recognition is one of my favorite topics to hit with my preschooler. We’ve done a scratch and sniff jello name activity during our 5 senses unit, a pumpkin seed name craft during our pumpkin unit, and lots more!
We practice tracing his name together, and I show him the letters of his name randomly throughout our regular schedule, but I also try to set aside time to make it fun for him.
For our space unit, I added this rocket name building activity for 2 reasons.
- Name recognition (of course). And,
- It took 3 minutes to create!
I simply cut out enough squares of construction paper to write the letters of his name, along with a triangle for the top of the rocket, and a rectangle for the bottom.
WHILE YOU’RE PLANNING YOUR SPACE THEME:
- Check out my Space Unit here. (Use code SPACE25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!
- Here are 25 Space Activities for your Preschooler’s Space theme!
- Here’s a list of Space Books for Toddlers & Preschoolers
- Here are 25 Space Crafts for your Preschooler
- Here’s a list of 16 Fun & Delicious Space-Themed Snacks for your Kids
- Here are some fun Space Facts for Kids
- Solar System in Motion Song for Preschoolers
Space Activities & Crafts We’ve Done at the Moore Homestead:
- Planet Suncatchers
- Planet Puppets Printable
- Fizzing Planets
- Moon Rock Exploration (with Printable Worksheet)
- Asteroid Toss Activity for Toddlers & Preschoolers
- I-Spy Space Busy Bag (with Printable)
- Edible Constellations Activity
- Space Playdough Invitation to Play
- Space Sensory Bin
- Solar System Match Worksheet Set
- Paper Plate Planets Craft
- What Makes Night Science Exploration
- Moon Observation Journal Astronomy Study for Kids
- Telescope Craft for Preschoolers
- Moon Phases Oreo Worksheet for Preschoolers
- Smash the Moon Rocks Activity
- Space Coloring Book for Preschoolers
- Astronaut Dramatic Play Station (+ Printable Bundle)
For tips on planning your homeschool preschool year, including curriculum recommendations, check out this article.
Join the Homeschooling Preschoolers Facebook Page! There are free resources available, and it’s the perfect way to connect with other families!
Rocket Name Building Activity for Preschoolers
Of course, you can be much more creative than this with your rocket name building activity, but this was just what we wanted! Something simple and easy-to-grab to work on building his name throughout our space study.
If you liked this post, don’t forget to pin it for later: