This ocean sensory bin with water beads and ocean animal toys is perfect for preschoolers doing an under the sea theme, or an ocean unit study!
Some links found on this site may be affiliate links, and as an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support! See sidebar for more information, or visit my Policies & Disclosures page.
If there’s one thing that will make my son’s day better no matter what, it’s water beads. If you haven’t heard of these magical little spheres, you’ve got to try them out!
You soak them in water for a few hours and they swell up to be fun little squishy sensory balls! They’re awesome. They are also messy, and for that reason we didn’t play with them much until my son was 3. I tried several times at 2, and they were a tad overwhelming for the both of us.
However, if you’re scared of sensory play, or you struggle with your toddler or preschooler simply dumping out the contents, check out my free guide on sensory bins. At that time I wasn’t sure how to approach sensory play with my son, but I’ve learned a ton in the last several years.
For our animal habitats unit, I knew we needed to include a water bead sensory activity, and what better habitat than the ocean? This would have been really cute with blue water beads, but I used what we had.
WHILE YOU’RE PLANNING YOUR ANIMAL HABITATS THEME:
- Check out my Animal Habitats Unit here. (Use code HABITAT25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!
- Here are 25 Animal Activities for your Preschooler’s Habitat theme!
- Here’s a list of Animal Books for your Animal Habitat Unit Study.
- Here are 25 Animal Habitat Crafts for your Preschooler
- Here’s a list of 16 Fun & Delicious Animal-Themed Snacks for your Kids
Animal Habitat Activities & Crafts We’ve Done at the Moore Homestead:
- How to Make a Paper Bag Nest
- Make a Bear Cave Craft
- How to Make a Rainforest Terrarium with Kids
- Toilet Paper Roll Bird Feeders
- Animal Habitat Invitation to Play
- Paper Plate Lion Craft
- Owl Paper Bag Puppet Craft for Kids
- Desert Sensory Bin
- Arctic Sensory Bin
- Forest Sensory Bin
Animal Habitat Facts for your Preschooler:
For tips on planning your homeschool preschool year, including curriculum recommendations, check out this article.
Join the Homeschooling Preschoolers Facebook Page! There are free resources available, and it’s the perfect way to connect with other families!
Ocean Sensory Bin with Water Beads
Simply fill a sensory bin with water beads, water, and some small ocean figurines! You can provide your child with scoops, bowls, and other fun little extras!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to pin it for later: