Looking for a creative way to teach your preschooler about the parts of an apple? This hands-on activity is sure to be a hit.
Some links found on this site may be affiliate links, and as an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support! See sidebar for more information, or visit my Policies & Disclosures page.
There’s no better way to learn than through experience and hands-on studying and play! This “Anatomy of an Apple” worksheet set comes in my Apple Unit, but obviously you could do it without.
Simply cutting an apple up and letting your preschooler explore the different parts while you discuss them together is more than enough to get them interested.
Separate the parts of the apple. If you’re using my unit, you’ll have all of the pieces, but if you’re making it yourself at home, just write the parts of the apple on sticky notes and place them next to the parts.
If you have a sectioned tray like this one, even better!
Let your child touch, smell, and taste the parts of the apple, and ask them what they think about each component.
While you’re planning your Apple theme:
- Check out my Apple Unit here. (Use code APPLE25 for 25% off) If you join my Preschool Program Membership, you’ll get a major discount on all past Unit Studies, and 2 brand new units included each month!
- Here are 25 Apple Activities for your Preschooler’s Apple theme!
- Here are 25 Apple Crafts and Art Projects for Preschoolers
- Here’s a list of 16 super cute Apple-Themed Snacks for your Preschooler.
- Here’s a list of Apple Books for your Apple Unit Study.
- Here are some Apple Recipes to make with/for your kids.
Other Apple Activities We’ve Done at the Moore Homestead:
- Wash the Apples Activity
- DIY Apple Pie Moon Sand
- Apple Play Dough Invitation to Play
- Paper Plate Apple Craft (Cut, Tear, & Glue)